Emergency Stop Switch

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
Mecha_Monster

Emergency Stop Switch

Postby Mecha_Monster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Hello,

I know that this is not standar, and I haven't seen this in other printers, but maybe it would be useful to have an emergency Stop button.

obfuscated

Re: Emergency Stop Switch

Postby obfuscated » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:31 pm

yeah this would be great

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:10 am

Can the power switch at the back side work?

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:52 am

firesped

Postby firesped » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:53 pm

what do you want the emergency stop button to do? emergency stop buttons are generally going to cut power off completely. If you do that, there won't be recovery at all.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Yes there are times when we simply mess up and have the print head jamming up against a plate clip or you get a huge mess when the object detaches and gets stuck to the head and you are trying to stop the head before it runs into another piece of model. I have used the power switch successfully in both instances and I did so trying to minimize damage to the printer since the print is probably ruined.

Mecha_Monster

Postby Mecha_Monster » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:34 pm

I was thinking of the button as a safety feature. I procure to never have unattended prints, therefore I mostly print when I am around to have a close eye on the machine, but sometimes when I am not around, a person not familiarized with the machine is who take care of the print. The on/off button is not easily accessible nor easy to find, and because of the internal battery, unplugging the machine doesn't stop it immediately. I would like to have a more accessible button; easy to find and easy to identify. Not necessarily an "emergency stop" switch, the on/off button may work, but only if its is in the front.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:45 am

At very early stage of prototype of N series, we have discussed whether the power switch would be better at front side or somewhere easy reach. But you can see the result, we put it at back. We thought back side would be a much safer place for the power switch where can largely decrease the possibility of touch or operation by mistake.

Return to “Others”