Parameters for Boots Industries 3D850 PLA

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
freshfish

Parameters for Boots Industries 3D850 PLA

Postby freshfish » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Anyone used this filament before? https://bootsindustries.com/natureworks ... -filament/

I tried both the V1 hot end and V2 hot end. Keeps clogging.

Reduced printing speed to 40mm/s max to give the material longer time to melt - doesn't work
Increased printing temperature to 230C - doesn't work

Thanks in advance.
Raise3D N2/V2 hotend/Boston

Evan

Re: Parameters for Boots Industries 3D850 PLA

Postby Evan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:22 am

I just bought some to try. I'll let you know how it goes

freshfish

Postby freshfish » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Evan wrote:I just bought some to try. I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks Evan. I still cannot get it to work. Some replies from Boots FYI.

Boots Industries wrote:Depending on the hotend design it's possible that the thermal break region between the heater region and the feeding tube is too cold to remelt a previously melted filament.

3D850 has improved crystalization rate over typical 4043D, but it's glass transition point is also higher ~144 degree Celsius vs 50-60 for regular PLA.
Another issue I can think of is backflow in the extruder which could cool of at the thermal break region and clog the hotend. Looking at the N2 hotend it seems that the thermal break combined with the fan should create a very abrupt transition. This is consistent with my theory.
=> See if increasing the temperature substantially will allow for enough heat to propagate up into the hotend so that there isn't any previously melted material caught below 144 degree near the thermal break.

=> Lowering the retraction length may also help (if you have access to this parameter) since it won't pull a melted filament upward into the hotend.
Raise3D N2/V2 hotend/Boston

Evan

Postby Evan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Sorry I forgot about this. I was able to print OK at 210C and. 60mm/s. My first print took 16 hours and there was no hiccups.

vortex3d

Postby vortex3d » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Hello, could you give me more information about the settings? Have you changed the bed temperature, flow rate or other? I have a raise n2 + v2 and I can not print this filament. thank you

Return to “Others”