Can anyone identify this filament

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
mb300sd

Can anyone identify this filament

Postby mb300sd » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:27 pm

I remember buying it a few months ago and it's been sitting on my shelf since. The box came with no labels on it and I can't remember what it is anymore. Has anyone else had one arrive in a similar box/spool? Knowing what brand it is would help me find an order email or something.

Evan

Re: Can anyone identify this filament

Postby Evan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:19 am

That's just generic Chinese made filaments. There are 2-3 of factories that make the bulk of these and their packaging are pretty the same. There might be a white sticker on the inside of the spool that might give you more information.

mb300sd

Postby mb300sd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:23 am

No label or anything. Smelled like PLA and prints well enough using my PLA settings, so I'm just using it up making various parts that don't need strength or finish. Still wondering why I have it and where it came from, because I pretty much stick to R3D premium for PLA.

detroitus

Postby detroitus » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:24 pm

That looks EXACTLY like the spool of "R3D Premium PLA Filament - Art White (Extreme Smooth Surface Quality)" that I just received today. I mean, identical in every way.

mb300sd

Postby mb300sd » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Mystery solved lol. I knew I never bought any more generic filament after I got my settings dialed in with the R3D stuff.

detroitus

Postby detroitus » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:23 pm

Yeah, I was really surprised when I got it today and found it in an unmarked generic box. Pretty poor product presentation, especially considering the pricepoint for PLA and the fancy nice red boxes R3D's other filaments come in. I can only assume that it's another company's filament that Raise3D bought the rights to resale and just doesn't bother to repackage?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:55 pm

We haven't sold any filament with that package by now. And with the package, I cannot figure out which filament it is either.

detroitus

Postby detroitus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We haven't sold any filament with that package by now. And with the package, I cannot figure out which filament it is either.

Vicky, I just received this exact same package YESTERDAY from Raise3d. See my above comment. It was the "Art White" PLA filament. The other two rolls of filament I ordered came in the normal red Raise3D boxes, but the white PLA filament roll was this one. The writing on the box was done by me so I wouldn't forget what it was.
Attachments
20181120_114303.jpg
20181120_114240.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

detroitus wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We haven't sold any filament with that package by now. And with the package, I cannot figure out which filament it is either.

Vicky, I just received this exact same package YESTERDAY from Raise3d. See my above comment. It was the "Art White" PLA filament. The other two rolls of filament I ordered came in the normal red Raise3D boxes, but the white PLA filament roll was this one. The writing on the box was done by me so I wouldn't forget what it was.

Double confirm with the sales team. We do have Art White in similar packaging. Sorry for confusing.
Will feedback to sales team about the lack of information issue to see whether we can improve or not.

Return to “Others”