Raft Alignment

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
lawlence

Raft Alignment

Postby lawlence » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:35 pm

It would be nice to be able to set the alignment of the first layers on a raft. As of right now, regardless of model orientation, the lines are always aligned longitudinally along the build plate on the same spot.

This has created significant wear areas on the BuildTak surface on the same areas for every print. I'm now having issues with adhesion when using a raft. This could be avoided by either allowing a lateral offset or rotation of the lower layers when configuring a raft and would triple the life of the BuildTak surface.

zemlin

Re: Raft Alignment

Postby zemlin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:54 pm

I'm guessing that if you rotated you build plate 180 degrees that the raft would be building in a new area. That gets you 2x the life.

DS2017

Postby DS2017 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:12 pm

zemlin wrote:I'm guessing that if you rotated you build plate 180 degrees that the raft would be building in a new area. That gets you 2x the life.

this just blew my mind

edit: though this reminds me of another issue; it'd be great if there was a feature where you can change the direction of how the supports run. Sometimes you have thin overhangs that run parallel with supports, and so when it prints it's barely touching the support. You want it perpendicular.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:29 am

The direction of Support is adjustable, if I didn't misunderstand your needs. There has a section under Support tab called Interlaced Support Infill Angle.

lawlence

Postby lawlence » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:34 pm

zemlin wrote:I'm guessing that if you rotated you build plate 180 degrees that the raft would be building in a new area. That gets you 2x the life.

This wouldn't be possible on the Pro2 since the build plate has a handle incorporated in its shape.

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The direction of Support is adjustable, if I didn't misunderstand your needs. There has a section under Support tab called Interlaced Support Infill Angle.

The issue here is the first layer of raft platforms. They always rung along the same lines regardless of any other settings.

I've moved on to a PEI sheet on my build plate and no longer need rafts, but this may become an issue again if I try to print PC or Nylon on BuildTak.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:00 pm

Notes taken. We will add it into developing list of ideaMaker.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”