Layer Alignment

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
lawlence

Layer Alignment

Postby lawlence » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 am

Not sure if this is a feature already, but I see a need for it.

I have certain parts where being able to align the fill/infill direction would be helpful, either for aesthetic reasons on a bottom or top layer, or aligning infill to optimize contact with certain points of the model (for bridging or overhang, for example). Having the layer alignment on the raft adjustable would be nice too since that has an impact on the first layer finish.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Layer Alignment

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:17 am

Is it like the Interlaced Support Infill Angle for Support structure under Support tab?

lawlence

Postby lawlence » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Ah yes, that would suffice for the infill. Would be nice to have an option for visible (top/bottom) surface layers as well.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:30 am

Do you have needs for both top and bottom solid infill layers or only for infill structures inside model?

lawlence

Postby lawlence » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:12 pm

All of those, really. I just played with the interlaced infill angle option and it looks like it only works with supports. Would be nice to be able to rotate or translate the infill angle independent of model orientation (so every duplicate is the same), or somehow fix it to a user-defined axis on each individual model, so they can be arranged as needed on the build platform.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:22 am

Notes taken. Will add your requests into developing list.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”