Changing infill pattern and infill density for an individual layer

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
snlsy3D

Changing infill pattern and infill density for an individual layer

Postby snlsy3D » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Hey guys,

Is it possible to change the infill pattern and infill density for an individual layer? To be explained in detail;

- I want the layers having even number to be wide raster air gap and having a perimeter
- The layers having odd number to be narrow raster air gap and without a perimeter.

The image would support to understand better:

raise.JPG

In the end, I am planning to print a mold and I want the whole structure to be;

-having a smooth surface
-providing porosity to let air flow
-sturdy

The print material is gonna be ABS. Please comment any idea you think would be helpful.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Changing infill pattern and infill density for an individual layer

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:03 am

Currently in ideaMaker you can only change the infill pattern under Per-layer settings.
The options you choose there will be changed to be the values you set under the height range you set.

snlsy3D

Postby snlsy3D » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:07 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Currently in ideaMaker you can only change the infill pattern under Per-layer settings.
The options you choose there will be changed to be the values you set under the height range you set.

Hey Vicky,

Thank you for your advice. After reading this post I tried to create a .gcode implementing this idea and here is a screen shot of what I did:

Capture.JPG

0.2 mm layer height is ok for me so I thought that I could apply different layer settings to each layer, which is something like this:

1st layer:
Start Z: 0.00
End Z: 0.20
Layer height: 0.20
Infill density: 100%
Infill Overlap: 0%
Infill pattern: Grid

2nd layer:
Start Z: 0.20
End Z: 0.40
Infill density: 5%
Infill Overlap: 100%
Infill pattern: Rectilinear

3rd layer:
Start Z: 0.40
End Z: 0.60
Infill density: 100%
Infill Overlap: 0%
Infill pattern: Grid

2nd layer:
Start Z: 0.60
End Z: 0.80
Infill density: 5%
Infill Overlap: 100%
Infill pattern: Rectilinear
and so on.

But I didn't come up with the result I expected. Seems like it applied the settings randomly. You can have a look at the exported per model settings and also .gcode file attached.
Attachments
per-layer-settings.zip
(243.38 KiB) Downloaded 301 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 am

Your model is not a very large one, so the top and bottom solid layers affect almost 1/4 of the model.
And I saw that you set your infill overlap to be 100%. The default value is a such low value, as 5%. Or your inner shells will be all stick together.
And your first layer height is 0.25mm, and your per-layer are all divided into 0.2mm. If you'd like to change your first layer height to be 0.2mm, the final result can match with your thoughts.

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”