IdeaMaker feature requests

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Gowfster

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Gowfster » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:43 am

Add Ideamaker option for Support structure that is thin layer of pva at the model boundary then standard model filament from there down to build plate. Saves money by using small amount of pva

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 am

justind wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
justind wrote:A few (hopefully easy) additional requests:

1) Shortcut key for "Lay Flat": Simplify3D uses Ctrl+L
iM1.JPG

2) "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons for Print Settings. I've just starting using iM and it seems like the list can become long quickly.
iM2.JPG

Thanks for your suggestions!
For the second one, do you mean you want to move the sequence of printing templates?

Hi Vicky,

Yes, exactly! So that I can keep my most used templates up top, especially because the top template in the sequence seems to be the default.

Notes taken.
BTW, the shortcut of Lay Flat has been added in the latest beta version released last week.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:49 am

Gowfster wrote:Add Ideamaker option for Support structure that is thin layer of pva at the model boundary then standard model filament from there down to build plate. Saves money by using small amount of pva

In ideaMaker, we have an option called Dense Support Layer, which is several layers between support structure and model with high infill ratio.
In the latest beta version of ideaMaker, you can set different extruder to complete the dense support layers' printing.

eagle1xray

Postby eagle1xray » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:24 pm

yes it was basically shell quantity and density per layer. Thank you i am now trying out the new 3.0.5 ill give this a shot!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:30 am

eagle1xray wrote:yes it was basically shell quantity and density per layer. Thank you i am now trying out the new 3.0.5 ill give this a shot!

Love to hear more thoughts from you after trying the new version.

DeX

Postby DeX » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:45 pm

It would be great to have a possibility to expand this list down as much as possible
and would be nice if the selected parts will be highlighted in that list ;)
scr248767.JPG

Is it convenient to choose a model from the list and go to press the arrows ?!
Easy and pleasure way is double clicking :geek:
scr246.JPG

Squenz

Postby Squenz » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:08 pm

I for one would love to see a "Production Sheet" of the Part.

If i click on a button after the job is sliced, i can open up a window and look at the the full list of all settings of the currently used profile/slicer settings, the settings grouped in matter of sense of course. I would then click on the print button, send the report to my pdf-printer, or even save it as an pdf without printing.

I don't know if that would be feasable at all, but if i could place a "serial number" onto the part on a not so prominent place and the symbol/material name as you see on a lot of industrial fabbed plastic parts for recycling purpose, before slicing, that would be great too. After all, Ideamaker has the capabilities of repairing damaged files, maybe this feature would be possible too.

DeX

Postby DeX » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:43 pm

О как же оно надоело остужаться после отмены печати!!
Надо что-то подкорретировать или начать заново, так будь любезен жди ногово нагрева стола и экструдера!
Фууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууууф

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 pm

It would be nice to use the connection to the printer via ideamaker to EASILY rename files. Sometimes I upload a file as "XYZ Model" and want to change it to "The Perfect Fit For My Project" .. and clicking each letter on the virtual keyboard is a pain.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 am

NewbPilot wrote:It would be nice to use the connection to the printer via ideamaker to EASILY rename files. Sometimes I upload a file as "XYZ Model" and want to change it to "The Perfect Fit For My Project" .. and clicking each letter on the virtual keyboard is a pain.

Notes taken.

DeX

Postby DeX » Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 am

C'mon! It can't be changed with double clicking yet !?
Everything must be editable with double clicking.
scr1346.JPG

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Tue May 15, 2018 2:33 pm

DeX wrote:C'mon! It can't be changed with double clicking yet !?
scr1346.JPG

Yes! It would be much nicer to be able to edit these settings rather than needing to delete and replace each of them. This needs to be editable for extruder temp, bed temp, and fan speed.

Noren

Postby Noren » Tue May 15, 2018 5:49 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
DeX wrote:Guys, guys ! :idea: Here is what would be good to do: *.idea files windows explorer thumbnails !

Notes taken.

Please also add quicklook support for Mac OS X. (Preview of the idea files in the Mac OS finder.)
Look at how it shows stl-files.

Korni

Postby Korni » Tue May 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Noren wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
DeX wrote:Guys, guys ! :idea: Here is what would be good to do: *.idea files windows explorer thumbnails !

Notes taken.

Please also add quicklook support for Mac OS X. (Preview of the idea files in the Mac OS finder.)

Yes for Mac OS !!!
Pro2+ Image

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 16, 2018 5:44 am

DeX wrote:C'mon! It can't be changed with double clicking yet !?
scr1346.JPG

Notes taken.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 16, 2018 10:39 am

Noren wrote:Please also add quicklook support for Mac OS X. (Preview of the idea files in the Mac OS finder.)

Added into developing list.

mb300sd

Postby mb300sd » Thu May 17, 2018 10:30 pm

An option to print all shells for one hole before moving to the next hole, especially nice for top layers where some of the ooze might show up.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 18, 2018 10:36 am

mb300sd wrote:An option to print all shells for one hole before moving to the next hole, especially nice for top layers where some of the ooze might show up.

Already added into developing list.

frjez

Postby frjez » Sat May 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Any chance we could see what is in "development". Posting this list would make us happier and would be more reassuring because we could see where are you heading.

Polarbehr

Postby Polarbehr » Wed May 30, 2018 10:00 am

Remaining filament on current roll

Add an option in the HMI that allows us to 'put a new roll' on the printer with 'x' weight. Then when we print a part decrement that weight from the roll. Weight is not 100% accurate but it would help with knowing how much is left on a roll and if the next print is close to using it all up.

Next option if this is implemented could have the printer open up a warning window that there may potentially not be enough filament if remaining on roll is within 10% of what the print requires.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”