Custom supports -> Automation

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Tumphu

Custom supports -> Automation

Postby Tumphu » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi,

Im glad that ideaMaker has this option, that i can define custom settings by layer heights. Like support infill 10% until print is 80mm height, then change support infill to 30% (if there is going to be small holes or something that needs better support infill amount).

Only sad is, that i need to calculate the height for this option for every print. Its not hard and doesnt take long if i've made model by my self, but if its not modelled by myself then measuring takes a bit longer.

Could this be automated, Like "Change support infill X-amount of layers before support is needed" Then i could define like 5 layers before its needed. Also box to define default support infill and end support infill.

Ofcourse it would be awesome if there are supports needed in 30mm, 80mm and 110mm that it would change support infill in all these cases. This would save time and filament while printing and would save time when slicing.

Any idea? Did you guys get what i mean?

--
Tuomo

Noren

Re: Custom supports -> Automation

Postby Noren » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:13 pm

I think that the “per layer” settings have to be tied graphically to the model in the UI. Like dragging a plane to the height there I need to change a setting. Specify that setting. Drag a new plane to the next position and change those settings. And so on.

Tumphu

Postby Tumphu » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Yep, i know how "per layer" settings work.

My idea is to add some advanced support structure options so i could start with less support infill and then change it for bigger infill to support small holes & features. Like some slicing software knows it as "Tree -style support"

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 am

Tumphu wrote:
Could this be automated, Like "Change support infill X-amount of layers before support is needed" Then i could define like 5 layers before its needed. Also box to define default support infill and end support infill.

Can Dense Support Layer meet your needs?

Tumphu

Postby Tumphu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Tumphu wrote:

Can Dense Support Layer meet your needs?

Yes, perfectly. This was just the thing i was looking for. Just didnt know it was allready in there.

Sorry, my bad :)

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”