Clips for the glass plate that Never interfere with the nozzle

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
RiserDog

Clips for the glass plate that Never interfere with the nozzle

Postby RiserDog » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Well I did it again. I had a print that nearly filled the plate and the nozzle hit the giant black paper clips on the front of the bed. Made a loud noise and I rushed over to take the clips off. Luckily the printer wasn't affected as far as I can tell. There is no need for that to happen, just smaller clips or designed so they "never" interfere. :)

Squenz

Re: Clips for the glass plate that Never interfere with the nozzle

Postby Squenz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Or you just place them just around the corner on the left and right edges of the build plate ?

If you feel more comfortable having one at the front edge also, just place that one a tad right of the middle ?

RiserDog

Postby RiserDog » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:23 pm

I am thinking more like Ultimaker which has the built in clips at the front that pivot out. I see your point though but the left front corner doesnt have a spot to clip to, even with a small clip. But they should be fool proof.

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:14 pm

That's one of the things I addressed with my bed modifications. The clips are outside the 12"x12" build area. The platform I show in the photos is 12"x12" aluminum with ePC hold downs, but if I put a glass plate on the machine I have a 12mm border on the front for the clips. Technically the machine could build in that area, but I have a full 12"x12" of uninterrupted space.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”