Feature Request: faster way to position extruders manually

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
jon_bondy

Feature Request: faster way to position extruders manually

Postby jon_bondy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:55 pm

I find the touch screen to be difficult to use. Sometimes a press works, sometimes not.

With 10 mm as the largest amount that one can move the extruders, it takes a long time to move them to the center (for example) to test for proper bed height.

Could we also be able to move by 25 and 50 mm please?

Could we see a square representing the X/Y plane, and touch a spot to move the extruders to (roughly) that spot?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Feature Request: faster way to position extruders manually

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Only the hand press doesn't work properly sometimes? What about mouse control or remote control?

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:53 pm

If I run IdeaMaker and Connect and click with the mouse, it works reliably.

When I poke at the touch screen on the printer in the Utilities tab with my fingers, it only works about 1/3 of the time. Most of the time, the touch screen works fine. But almost everything on the Utilities tab is erratic. I can select a file to print with perfect reliability. Trying to get the axes to move from the Utilities tab, it fails more than half of the time.

When the extruder does move, it is after a significant delay (a second?) which makes using it difficult. It is like typing a key on a keyboard and having it show up a second later. Screws up your rhythm.

It would be helpful if the user could define the 3 motion values, or if there were 5 values rather than just 0.1, 1, and 10.

I gather that you can disable the motors and then move the extruder by hand. Every time I press the Disable Motors icon, I am told that the motors are disabled. I am never told that the motors are Enabled. The user interface is confusing.

Squenz

Postby Squenz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Mine is a bit the same. Try pressing the button a bit above the your target area, maybe 6 or 8 pixels, and it works most of the time.

There was a request for Screen Calibration here, didn't come with last Displayfrimware-Update.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 pm

We are considering to open this positioning to be customized so that users can input the value where they want the extruder to move to. Still under discussion.

Once you press the disable button, all the five motors (four if yours is single extruder machine) will be disable together at once. After that, once you ask one to move, then this one will be enable, but the others still at disable state.
For example, after disable all the five motors, you press X Y home, then X Y motors will be enabled, the Z and E0, E1 are still at disable state.

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 am

Thanks, Vicky. If there were a square that represented the build plate, and we could just poke a finger where we wanted the extruder to go, that would be very quick and easy.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”