Turn Off

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Cobra XTC

Turn Off

Postby Cobra XTC » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:12 am

I would like to be able to switch off the printer via the touch display. I think that would be very meaningful.

Noren

Re: Turn Off

Postby Noren » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:10 pm

I have an Elgato Eve connected to the outlet. So now I say "Hi Siri. Turn off my Replicator". :)

Cobra XTC

Postby Cobra XTC » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:13 am

I have a spark arrester closed that works very well too. But I would prefer the option in the display. Since in my opinion a correct driving down is always better.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:50 pm

This request has been asked for a lot and the answer is no on the current machine. No a firmware update cannot implement this because the power supply on/off is not in any way connected to any of the control boards. It requires a change to the entire system of control boards, a second power supply needs added to standby power the front panel computer, on and on. This is a very complex modification on the current design.

Again, perfectly fine to request this, it's been requested more times than I can count. However, don't expect it on the current hardware with only firmware update.

As you see, this has forced other members to do it externally.

Again, the problem there is, the front panel LCD with no standby power supply cannot turn on, send a command and boot up. Yes, the pcDuino board has a battery, but you will also notice that just after a few days of being off, the battery is slowly being discharged even in the off state. This is why a standby power mod would be required because again, even if we had a firmware update, even if the screen woke up, if the main PSU is off, the battery is draining. Eventually you would get to the point the battery is dead and you couldn't turn the machine back on. It's not "impossible" to mod this, it's just that requires a lot more thought and engineering than some of the requesters may have first assumed.

easysofts

Postby easysofts » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:43 pm

Like Noren, my alternative is a smart plug. It offers me 6 methods to turn ON/OFF the Raise3D

1 / Voice : With Google Home
2 / RFID glued on wall ($1.5 the sticker)
3 / On PC : with IFTTT
4 / On mobile with smart plug App (I use SmartLife)
5 / On mobile with Google Assistant (text or voice)
6 / On mobile with IFTTT

...sometimes I use my right hand to push switch on back

I use a Smart life wifi plug (paid $35) but a cheap smart plug $13 can do the job.
Machines Brand : Raise3D / Wanhao / BCN3D

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”