Light Switch for LED's and sleep mode for LCD screen

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
lorenolepi

Light Switch for LED's and sleep mode for LCD screen

Postby lorenolepi » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:25 pm

I really enjoy the LED's and the LCD screen but wish there was a way to turn them off during long prints. I was thinking maybe a light switch for the LED's and a sleep mode for the touch screen so that it would turn dark and just have a light splash screen. Like how they have on the Stratasys Fortus 450 machine I use at work.
Loren
Olepi Labs LLC

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Light Switch for LED's and sleep mode for LCD screen

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:23 am

Thanks for your suggestion! Both of these two features are taken note into feature request list. But with the current hardware design, it is hard to make the machine totally go dark. Since there has no controllable slot on motion board to control the LEDs on and off. The current slots for LEDs are constant-on.
Maybe in next big hardware upgrade or next generation's products, we will take these into consideration.

DeftCAD

Postby DeftCAD » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:49 pm

I'd like this too. My previous 3D printer had permanently-on LED's, so I cut one wire and fitted a small switch in line. I mounted the switch on the back of the printer so it was easily accessible but out of view.

The Raise LED's are connectorised: I wonder if it's possible to make up a short lead with a switch in, then connect it before the LED strips?

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:10 pm

Sure, the connectors at the mainboard are JST-XH. More than you would need but male and female plugs and sockets to make it plug and play. https://www.amazon.com/2-5-2-Battery-Co ... B01DUC1ULC
JST-XH.jpg

FYI, mainboard diagram
mainboard power diagram.jpg

Just a note, the 2 things that plug in stock into the the 3 possible 12V outputs as diagrammed are one is the LED strips, the other is the blower cooling that mainboard. Be sure to leave the blower plugged in.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Also, before you ask, you might see that HE3 socket between the main power and the extruder output. Note that is 24V, not the 12V the LEDs require. That's a big piece of the reason why soft off or controlled LEDs is not a factory option (the original request in this thread). Again, just trying to give folks the facts and not have them damage an LED strip or worse by sending it 24V by plugging it into the wrong port.
Again, do not use HE3, it's 24V.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”