Language (German)

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Cobra XTC

Language (German)

Postby Cobra XTC » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:00 pm

Hello, dear Raise3d team,

My name is Christopher and I am from Germany recently I have gained an N2 with which I am also very satisfied. To my regret, I had to realize that unfortunately neither Ideamaker nor the device have German language. As the 3D printing in Germany is becoming more and more popular, I and my Kollengen would be very happy about the German language!

Please excuse the somewhat suspicious funny English this text was written with a translator.

Mfg Christopher

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Language (German)

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 am

Germany will be added into next version of touchscreen firmware.
Translation of ideaMaker is on-going. It will take some time to complete, it's really a much larger project than touchscreen.

Cobra XTC

Postby Cobra XTC » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:52 am

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Christopher

Squenz

Postby Squenz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:07 pm

Since i'm from germany too, i have to chime in on this. I my opinion, translating everything into language packs has no real use. The translations i see on other devices are, well, funny at best, sometimes even saying the opposite then what the original english meaning says.

So, inbetween german, spanish, french and what not else languages may seen to be important, let's face it, 3d printing, as most other technical stuff, is speaking and writing in english. Period. And that's not gonny change anytime soon.

To my fellow german user. ich verstehe deine Idee, aber alles im 3D Printing ist eben auf englisch, daher ist es sicher einfacher einige Fachbegriffe zu lernen und sich etwas Englisch anzueignen, statt hinterher unzutreffenden, sinnarme oder gar sinnentstellende Übersetzungen überall zu finden. Spätestens wenn es um Probleme oder Fehlersuche, sei es an der Machine oder am Druckergebnis, kommt man ohne englisch in Foren eh nicht weiter. Die wenigen deutschsprachigen Foren sind gar nicht so schlecht, aber wenn es um maschinenspezifische Fragen geht, ist hier die erste Anlaufstelle.

Targo

Postby Targo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:46 am

Hello,
I am also a german user. You're probably right with some English terms, but the translation is in Cura or Simplify 3D
Quite well done, of which you can safely use terms.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:32 am

Targo wrote:Hello,
I am also a german user. You're probably right with some English terms, but the translation is in Cura or Simplify 3D
Quite well done, of which you can safely use terms.

Thanks for your suggestion. We will take a look when carrying this out.

Korni

Postby Korni » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am

And, hope a German translation of IdeaMaker AND the touchscreen comes to Pro2 (already pre-ordered) !!!
And profiles for S3D would also wish our printing club ;-)
Pro2+ Image

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:56 am

Korni wrote:And, hope a German translation of IdeaMaker AND the touchscreen comes to Pro2 (already pre-ordered) !!!
And profiles for S3D would also wish our printing club ;-)

Touchscreen will have Germany language soon.
ideaMaker may still need some time, since it is really a hard work to translate everything inside ideaMaker.

Korni

Postby Korni » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:00 am

Super, and S3D Support ???
Pro2+ Image

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:17 am

Actually, we didn't do contributes on the N series printing profiles in S3D.
For Pro2 series, we don’t have any related information of S3D's support to share by now, but we will transmit your message to our R&D to see whether we will have any chance to achieve this.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”