FEATURE REQUEST Disable Touch or Disable USB

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Casale8

FEATURE REQUEST Disable Touch or Disable USB

Postby Casale8 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 pm

For security and safety purposes it would be nice to be able to password protect the touch screen, and/or the USB interface.
This so no one who doesn't know how to print, can.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: FEATURE REQUEST Disable Touch or Disable USB

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:20 am

We have a Screen Lock option under Setting -> Machine -> Privacy and Security.
You can set password there, so that others cannot control the touchscreen after the screen locks.

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Do you mean the SSH password?
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:56 pm

No, they are different passwords for totally different functions.
SSH- remote administrative connection service over the network- requires password
Screen Lock- local time based screen lock function requiring a completely separate password.
Can you set them to the same password?
Yes, but they are 2 separate menu items and not linked in any way. You would have to enter and change the password in both menu items.

Also note, SSH password being an administrative password is also used for the SCP network protocol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_copy

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 pm

I didn't think so.

I am not mistaken then, I don't see an option for privacy and security in the menu. FIRMWARE version (which was shipped from factory): 1.1.1
-SCC

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:50 pm

You are mistaken. 1.1.1 is the Marlin motion firmware. The Raise 3D touch is the application running on the LCD and has a different version- now 0.9.2 Raisepack update.
You and every other new owner needs to read this post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1652&p=13896#p13896

Also note, the latest Marlin motion control firmware is 1.1.6 and that fixes a KNOWN stepper timeout in version 1.1.1 which you have installed and really should update.

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:17 pm

Jetguy wrote:You are mistaken. 1.1.1 is the Marlin motion firmware. The Raise 3D touch is the application running on the LCD and has a different version- now 0.9.2 Raisepack update.
You and every other new owner needs to read this post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1652&p=13896#p13896
Also note, the latest Marlin motion control firmware is 1.1.6 and that fixes a KNOWN stepper timeout in version 1.1.1 which you have installed and really should update.

Man... I'm really kicking myself on this one... For some reason, I didn't think to scroll down the download page to see if there were anything beyond the Ideamaker software. One of those mutli-tasking too much set of moments.

Thanks! I'll install all the updates after this print.
-SCC

Michael.P@Raise3D

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Dont worry Casale8, it happens to the best of us!
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Installed all updates. Good stuff. Thanks for all your help folks.
-SCC

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”