Visualisation origin move

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Tacblades

Visualisation origin move

Postby Tacblades » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 pm

I think its possible to use ideamaker as it is to print to delta printers. Still testing

Only one thing that would help greatly would be to have an option just in the visualisation to place the origin in the middle of the bed (maybe in some way using the x and y offset. So when its sliced the model is around the origin. so 0,0 is in the middle of the bed.
At the moment it all works if you put negative values in the x and y offset so when slices its around the origin.

In the model view and in the gcode preview if the origin could be in the middle as an options I think it would all work.

I have taken the gcode out of idemaker and put it into a gcode previewer built for a delta and it all seems good.

Michael.P@Raise3D

Re: Visualisation origin move

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 am

Hi Tacblades,

Thank you for your interest in using ideaMaker for Delta style printers. Right now setting the offset in the profile will move the center of the starting point to where you want it but it may also limit your build area, for my reference can you confirm this? I'll pass along this information and see if we can work something out, we want ideaMaker to be the best it can be.
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:43 am

It works properly, we confirmed. You set your build area in the machine definition, you set the negative offset of 1/2 the build area XY in the gcode profile, it slices fine and preview shows you the offset because again, the corner 0 coordinate in preview.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:46 am

Please note we have it covered in this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4546&p=21137#p21137

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:00 am

The known issue is, since the bed build area is currently a square rather than a circle, the automatic bounding (part is too big to fit or scale to max size) functions won't work correctly for slicing and could make gcode that exceeds the printers physical limits.
It's currently up to the user to either correctly size the square build area to fit inside the round logical build area or again, just know the corners of a square sized the same as the diameter of the circle is non printable.

Again, until Ideamaker natively supports a circular build area (common to Deltas) the user has to make a decision when deciding the values to setup the machine profile in ideamaker.
Delta bed area.jpg

Here is the math to find the smaller square dimensions if that is your choice.
Delta area 2.jpg

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm

May I suggest: Make a model of a ring that encompasses your delta print volume. Place that on the ideamaker build plate first, then place the things you really want to print inside it. last, delete the ring before slicing

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”