just a couple small things that have been bugging me

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Jab136

just a couple small things that have been bugging me

Postby Jab136 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:44 pm

first of all, with such a large print volume on the N2+ why is there no way of passing filament in from outside while the cover is on? this makes large prints with ABS very difficult since a 1kg spool of material is not always going to be sufficient, I tried to design a modification that would allow for pass through, but it didn't quite fit, with a couple modifications it should work (the corners need fillets and some of the dimensions aren't toleranced properly). I have attached the STLs for the parts
2x
Shroud modification-double slot corner_2.STL
(13.56 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

2x
Shroud modification-double slot corner_1.STL
(13.56 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

2x
Shroud modification-extender_1.STL
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

1x
Shroud modification-extender_2_holes.STL
(21.08 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

1x
Shroud modification-extender_2.STL
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

second of all, why does the printed part for the filament guide system only fit when the clear plastic part of the print head is removed? I just tried to use it and the filament in the right nozzle bent outward instead of feeding into the nozzle properly, I mean seriously, why are you trying to basically push a rope without a guide? now I need to design a modification for the modification that you supplied to make it fit properly...

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: just a couple small things that have been bugging me

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:29 pm

For the second problem, here I have newly modified ones. Please help test whether it works for you.
I have uploaded all the types of the models, you can just test the type you have.
Attachments
N2 Singer.STL
(348.38 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
N1 Singer.STL
(389.25 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Dual.STL
(382.56 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Jab136

Postby Jab136 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:32 pm

thanks, how do I remove the metal parts from the printed part that came with the machine?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:34 pm

That was screwed into, and you may be better to get some tools to threading the newly printed one.
No need to remove now. You can firstly printing it out, and check the size whether it fits first.

Jab136

Postby Jab136 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:19 am

I made a slight modification to the dual part so that it would work better (having one of the long sides not have a protrusion was causing it to slide off the print head assembly) this is the STL for my modification
Attachments
Dual.STL
(37.19 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”