You like to change a slicing settings and preview it ? Well ! This is what you need:

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
DeX

You like to change a slicing settings and preview it ? Well ! This is what you need:

Postby DeX » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 am

re-slice_button.png

;)
OR even a better way - add that button right in the Slice Preview (3D) window :!:

Aaaaand maybe it will be useful to add a sorting of a templates list (last used/created/name/top_used) :?:
I as a slicing-settings-changer-maniac got these templates A LOT

EldRick

Re: You like to change a slicing settings and preview it ? Well ! This is what you need:

Postby EldRick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:21 pm

No idea what you are trying to say.

Julia Truchsess

Re: You like to change a slicing settings and preview it ? Well ! This is what you need:

Postby Julia Truchsess » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:58 pm

++++ for the sorting of profiles - we should be able to sort them by name, modification date, or creation date. These are listbox features available in any programming language and should not be difficult to implement.

I agree it takes a lot of clicks to see the result of changing a parameter, not sure what the best way of consolidating things would be.

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Thank you for the input. I will pass this on to our development group.

DeX

Postby DeX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:06 pm

EldRick wrote:No idea what you are trying to say.

In the 1st part I'm talking about an easy way to change slicing method. I made a pic with a button, can't u see it?
In the 2nd part I'm talking about sorting a templates.

Christoph

Postby Christoph » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Agree on this. I should also be able to chose a favorite or standard template and some kind of quick slice button.

Julia Truchsess

Postby Julia Truchsess » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 pm

It should remember the last profile used, have it in view and selected the each time the slice dialog opens.

Christoph

Postby Christoph » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Just tried, it doesn't, always opens the top most template.

Julia Truchsess

Postby Julia Truchsess » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Yes, I know, lol. This thread is sort of a string of suggestions - by "it should" I meant I would like Raise to make it work that way.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:17 am

Requests well noted. We will add this into next version.
If you haven't changed the machine type and filament type compared with last slicing, ideaMaker will remember the last profile you used.

One exception is when you open an .idea file, it also includes the last profile information when you save it as .idea file.

Christoph

Postby Christoph » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:46 pm

@ Julia: Ah, ok :-) Sorry, I misunderstood you there.

Amos

Postby Amos » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Vicky,
I agree it would be very helpful to be able to sort the slicer templates by last modified date displayed in the Select Template window. It would also be very useful in the g-code viewer to be able to display the slicer template used to create it.

Thanks

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:56 am

Request well noted.
Thanks for your suggestion!

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”