IdeaMaker gcode suggestions

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
A_Bob

IdeaMaker gcode suggestions

Postby A_Bob » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:59 pm

First it would be nice to have the option to disable the automatic generation temperature control gcode. I like to use custom gcode to start heating the bed and home at the same time. Then I will place the nozzle at 0.1mm layer height to prevent oozing when heating the nozzle. I have no problem doing this with simplify3d or slic3r but I prefer to use IdeaMaker for the N2.

Second it would be nice to be able to control the gcode sent when between print heads on a dual extrusion printer. I like to place the unused nozzle at a standby temperature when switching nozzles the wipe the unused nozzle when it reaches standby. This makes dual extrusion prints near flawless with no contamination from the other nozzle.

Third make an option to generate a wipe tower with low infill and have it guarantee a wipe the unused nozzle before resuming the print. This could be used with the second option I stated above to prevent oozing on the print and save filament by not needing a wipe wall or dense prime pillar.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: IdeaMaker gcode suggestions

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:21 am

1. We will consider to add an option for you, about not using the default start. If you want to disable it, don't forget adding your own preheating inside the Start code. ( But M221, flowrate control will still be force added.)

2. Gcode editing for dual extruder switching. Notes taken.

3. Wipewall density setting needed. Notes taken.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”