Have these issues been addressed?

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
JDH

Have these issues been addressed?

Postby JDH » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:34 am

After returning my first N2 plus 6 months ago due to poor qc issues and loose head bearings I'm interested in knowing if the isssues I posted about have been addressed at the factory and quality inspection. I believe these problems have truely hurt your sales and reputation.

1- sloppy crossrod bearings( movement of the print head on the crossrods)
2- uncleanliness appearance of machine out of the box( greasy finger prints, scratches, damage).
3- rubbing / dulling of plexiglass by the styrofoam packaging
4...?

What precautions have been taken and are there any guarantees this won't happen again?
Very interested in knowing the current condition of the machines leaving the factory now.

JDH

Re: Have these issues been addressed?

Postby JDH » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Anybody care to answer?

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:19 am

Mine had none of these problems. Purchased two weeks ago.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:34 am

1. After feeding back commends about this issue to our factory, our factory started troubleshooting the main cause. We have double checked a lot parts. Then we found there has some of the crossing axis in an old batch, whose lower deviation is a little over our min-limits. We have stopped using that batch and increased the sampling checking rate of this part from 20% to be 100%.

2. We have added two more steps for each machine about cleaning and recheck and re-cleaning before package already.

3. We have already added a plastic bag between the machine and the protective foam which does help reducing the friction from the foam. We haven't hear a lot comments about this before with plastic bag protected. If your machine has plastic bag added between already but still has rubbing marks, is it possible to share some pictures (if you still keep) with us to check.

Thanks for your comments anyway! Help us a lot about improving quality!

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:59 pm

My N2 Plus which I got in February 2017 had the plastic bag, but because so much grease was on the rods, during the install of the bag there were fingerprints and giant blobs of grease all over the side panels and even the LCD control box of my N2 Plus. Again, much of this came from the excessive grease applied to the rods (it was dripping off). It took me the better part of 2 hours to clean the machine using a roll of paper towels and alcohol to wipe cleanly the grease away.

Even with the plastic bag, I still did get some rub marks on the lexan clear side panels. They match the molding points of the foam packaging. I have been unable to polish or clean these off. Again, this is an entire row, top to bottom on the left hand side panel and also on others but hard to photograph. I have added a red square to better highlight.
These can actually be found on other panels, but like I said, really hard to photograph and will not clean or polish off and are some sort of damage to the panel- could be manufacturing process of how the corner bend is made or it's from shipping.
Attachments
marks1.jpg
marks 2.jpg

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:28 pm

There is always going to be delay between changes at the factory and how soon the changes are seen due to inventory. There is a big difference between February and 2 weeks ago, as reported by @EldRick.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:41 pm

3. We have already added a plastic bag between the machine and the protective foam which does help reducing the friction from the foam. We haven't hear a lot comments about this before with plastic bag protected. If your machine has plastic bag added between already but still has rubbing marks, is it possible to share some pictures (if you still keep) with us to check.

My point of posting was to at least share a picture of the actual issue in question and give a timeline point reference that both the bag was being used and yet the marks STILL appeared on my panels.
Since nobody else posted pictures of said marks, at least users who may have missed them KNOW what they are looking for and maybe didn't catch them on first look.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:03 pm

One issue I did experience was that the edges of all the doors and their openings were so sharp that they would actually cut me. I solved the issue using a deburring tool to shave the sharp edges. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JY7MDW/

Also, the front door is warped - it needs a stiffener to keep the top and bottom corners from warping away from the machine.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:42 am

We have done a destructive test in our factory last month, push over a machine from the second floor, and let it roll over the stairs down to ground floor. Then we found on those machines, they will highly have bent rods, misalignment crossing rods, towing chain not as tight fixed as default, top cover, bottom plastic cover, PC cover deformed or cracking.
If your machine met the problems mentioned above at the very beginning, please advise.

JDH

Postby JDH » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:14 pm

I did not take pictures of the rub marks on the machine I returned in Feb 17, and it did not come with a bag over the machine between the styrofoam and glass..

I did not have bent rods but sloppy crossrod bearings which allowed you to grab the print head and wobble it back and forth a little. It did not seem like more than ".020 of movement but still did not seem right and would have resulted in ghosting and bad print surface..

I'm glad there is some notice about the condition customers are receiving these machines in. I'd like to try a purchase again in the future but do not want to be disappointed again and have to go through the hassle of having to drive 30 min to pick up the machine st UPS depot( they can't drop at my location) then go through the bigger hassle of dealing with the seller and explaining how a new machine can be in such poor condition and get them to accept the return and pay for shipping, then repackage then retruck it back to UPS depot...
It was a really big headache and poor experience altogether.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:42 am

So sorry about the poor experience, we force and double check the plastic bag for machine now. And we have higher requirements for rods now.
We are always open to hear customer's voice and suggestion.
And thanks a lot for helping us keeping on improving using experience!

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”