Pause position

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Andy Cohen

Pause position

Postby Andy Cohen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:38 pm

I finally have a use case with the Raise3D N2 where I need to pause and switch filaments. Now I see that there is a problem. The pause position of the hotend is inside the build plate area and not off to the side to allow the filament to flow down during the filament load. The bed is kept at the last height of the last layer printed before the pause which in my case was WAY too close to do a filament load.

What did you guys think we used the pause for?! :x

Please either have the hotend move away from the bed or drop the bed!

JL10090

Re: Pause position

Postby JL10090 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:34 am

I hope they fix this, also if there was a way to since it was about to run out of filament. I had an 100 hour plus print going, and it was almost done, and woke up to part of it missing because ran out of filament.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:32 am

JL10090 wrote:I hope they fix this, also if there was a way to since it was about to run out of filament. I had an 100 hour plus print going, and it was almost done, and woke up to part of it missing because ran out of filament.

Filament monitor is currently on testing. Will release in near future after test complete and start steady supply then.
Here has some sample testing pictures:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=341&p=14972&hilit=monitor#p14873

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Vickie, I'm going to go ahead and make an offiical change request that would address a HUGE amount of these issues.
90% or more of these requests all deal with the closed source LCD Touch updates.
The problem is, as a group we want more control over the exact gcode sent to the motion board for a given command or button action.
The solution is simple- give us access by making the Raise 3D touch application modular. Rather than call some hidden script file buried in the software on the touchscreen call a file we can edit or update. This is such a simple thing to do and yet by not doing it, we as users have to beg for screen updates to solve these problems the community could easily solve. Dozens of ways to handle this, we upload a print file that overwrites a default action file, but either way, the rate of improvement could be a lot faster if a framework was setup with visible files that we could edit associated with scripted actions.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Again, users who don't care are aren't up to speed, they just use the default scripts as provide. The folks complaining and wanting to do things and fix some of these- give them the access since the request method basically goes to bottom priority in many cases.
And, it would be trivial as a checkbox to go back to default as provided scripts. Maybe do this as override files, where if say a specific file names pause gcode is uploaded, and you point at it via system menu item- that is used.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:26 am

Would you like advise more details about your requests? Such as which section you have more interest in, or which function you have already have some thoughts but due to software limits hard to test your thoughts.
So that I can share with our R&D department whether the requests can achieve or we have any hardware or software limits also on our side and they will have idea how to divide the modules to meet your demands when they start doing this project.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:52 am

The most requested scripts that are associated with action buttons on the LCD
Load filament- people wanting to make manual adjustments here maybe additional actions
Unload filament
Pause- probably the single most requested one because users want certain parking positions or other XYZ actions such as lowering the bed
Print resume- This is one that we really have the least control over. It would be good to see and better understand how the toushcreen manipulates the starting gcode to resume the print from the last line completed.
Potentially give a place for user scripted buttons. You label it what you want and it prints a script file. Example is lowering the bed. For a million reasons we know why you cannot assume it is safe to do so- but users want a scripted action. Giving them a place so they can do that is all about customization

Again, the situation is that there are some "canned" functions in the LCD touch system that happen and all we can do is keep submitting requests to make changes. That's not effective for either side and what one user wants, another user might hate. So just like a user can edit the starting gcode in Ideamaker as well as the ending gcode, this is about being able to customize other actions that until now, we had no way to access or change. All we can do is request a change and wait for the next update and hope it has it. By building the framework out, making these actions files which a user can edit or substitute would solve a massive number of improvement requests and make a lot more folks happy rather than these 1-2 people requests.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:59 am

Will feedback your request to R&D department. They will make inner discussion about this.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”