Show infill in model

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
chengl03

Show infill in model

Postby chengl03 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:18 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering, is it possible to make a button or tool in Idea Maker to show the infill in the model on the interface so we don't have to go to preview and scroll to see the infill every time? Like make the model less transparent and show the infill pattern inside it or the infill is highlighted inside the model or some other way to show the infill on the interface. I always have to go to the preview to look at the infill to get just the right amount of infill for the support of my top side model that has upside down hill curve and printing more infill is a waste of materials. Thanks.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Show infill in model

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 am

Sorry, but no.
How the infill looks like depends on how much you set for fill density and how many shells you have set.
Which means, what the infill structure will be designed after slicing. After that ideaMaker can know how much you set for fill density and how many shells you set.

architect_andy

Postby architect_andy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi-
I'm also wondering about the infill settings. Is there any way to alter the infill pattern, angle, density, ect? It seems very boilerplate...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:29 am

The current version of ideaMaker only has two types of infill pattern.
You can change density, but cannot be changed be layer or height. If you choose higher density, then the whole model will be with high density infill.
No angle setting option by now.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:43 pm

It would be nice to have a broader set of choices, like this list:
Grid
Lines
Triangles
Cubic
Cubic Subdivision
Tetrahedral
Concentric
Concentric 3D
ZigZag
These are the structural infill choices offered by Cura. The Cubic and Tetrahedral options offer much higher omnidirectional strength than any single-direction infill.
And the new 2.7 release also has variable density infill, although I don't know the details.
Last edited by EldRick on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:41 am

Notes taken. Will back to R&D department.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”