Huge problem with print resume function (and idea to fix)

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
wermy

Huge problem with print resume function (and idea to fix)

Postby wermy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:59 pm

My power went out briefly during a print. After it came on my N2 asked if I wanted to resume/recover the print. "Awesome!", I thought. I hit resume and it ripped the build plate off the bed and the X/Y stepper motors made horrible grinding noises.

The problem is that when it stopped printing, the nozzle melted into the plastic from the previous layers of my print, then cooled, attaching the nozzle to the print. When I pressed resume, the printer tried to home the X/Y axis without first heating up. Could this be changed so the nozzle heats up BEFORE trying to home, when recovering a print? I'd much rather have the nozzle leave a blemish on the print rather than rip the whole print (and build plate) up. Not to mention the damage to the printer itself that this could have caused...

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Huge problem with print resume function (and idea to fix)

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:19 am

We have already added this in the latest touchscreen firmware.
Please check our download center and update your screen to be the latest version.

There is an option called Preheat after print recovery in Setting -> More Settings -> Advanced Settings.
You can set nozzle temperature there to the value you need.
1.png

wermy

Re: Huge problem with print resume function (and idea to fix)

Postby wermy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We have already added this in the latest touchscreen firmware.
Please check our download center and update your screen to be the latest version.

There is an option called Preheat after print recovery in Setting -> More Settings -> Advanced Settings.
You can set nozzle temperature there to the value you need.
1.png

Oh perfect, thank you!

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”