Silicone Sock

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
firesped

Silicone Sock

Postby firesped » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:54 pm

I don't know if this has been ask yet but any chance for a silicone sock like a lot of the other hotends are doing?
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

walshlg

Re: Silicone Sock

Postby walshlg » Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 pm

I think John is using insulated Silicone tubing. Personally, I don't like the Silicone socks because they do not insulate very well.

firesped

Postby firesped » Fri May 05, 2017 12:23 am

talked to my friend that has been molding parts in TPU. his mold is a silicone rubber that can go up to 600F. I'm going to see if i can create a mold for the sock and use the silicone rubber. the first thing I need to do is create a model of the heater block. it looks like the heater block is the same as the V1, which i already made a model for. I just need to put a nozzle on it and print it out for sizing.
printers:

Anubis

Postby Anubis » Tue May 16, 2017 10:59 pm

firesped wrote:talked to my friend that has been molding parts in TPU. his mold is a silicone rubber that can go up to 600F. I'm going to see if i can create a mold for the sock and use the silicone rubber. the first thing I need to do is create a model of the heater block. it looks like the heater block is the same as the V1, which i already made a model for. I just need to put a nozzle on it and print it out for sizing.

I created a silicone insulation sock mold and uploaded it to thingiverse. I also included models of the hotend that I made for this (uploaded as .sldprt, let me know if you want a different format). See if it fits your needs, or is useful for creating an improved version.
Last edited by Anubis on Tue May 16, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firesped

Postby firesped » Tue May 16, 2017 11:02 pm

I've got my first prototype mold already to go once the silicone gets here. i will take a look at what you have though.
printers:

easysofts

Postby easysofts » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi, I saw your great work and cool DIY on Thingiverse, but I haven't time to do this, I need 2 silicone socks for N2,
I search to buy ? anybody has a link ?
Machines Brand : Raise3D / Wanhao / BCN3D

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”