N2 as a production machne

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
JohnSays

N2 as a production machne

Postby JohnSays » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:06 am

I would like to see a production friendly N2 type machine. I was just looking at how many N2s I could place in my office space and realized that I am limited by the design of the machine -- although I am already looking at workarounds. Several of the problems of implementing the N2 in production have been mentioned already -- such as an auto sensor for running out or filament, the need for a camera, and etc. I am proposing a redesign of the machine's packaging such that they can be placed close to one another such as the Type A machines can be. For example: another option for mounting filament that does not require access to a side opening door, a hinged top, and the USB and other slots moved to the front.

I just spent several hours reviewing the current FFF 3D printers now available and came to the conclusion that there really isn't anything out there that equals the Raise3D machines. Some of the features my N2 has that make it a good production machine right now are: removable build plate, easy access to the print head, ability to swap nozzles rapidly, ability to print any material I need, robust build, open hardware and software, easy access to the print, enclosed print area for high heat material like ABS, large build area, and accurate printing to name some. The Raise3D machines are extremely flexible. Many heavily touted machines (like the Ultimaker 2 and 3 for example or the current Pursa machines) are missing very key features I have taken for granted in the N2. So that is why I am going to purchase more N2s to put into my production line. I don't see anything that can beat it -- unless there is an N3 in the offering soon?

I've got a line of products I have decided to produce in my own shop. I see that the N2 can be an exceptional workhorse printer that can help me make that happen.

IMG_5715.JPG
17 hour print - try this on an 8" x 8" build plate -- Ha!
- John
Raise3D N2 Dual, V2 nozzles, Bondtech hybrid mod, and adjustable table

walshlg

Re: N2 as a production machne

Postby walshlg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:00 am

[img]
20170118_152407.jpg
[/img]

May I suggest a top feed system, place a bar on the wall above printer, and feed through hole in top if top needed, by running guide tube through it. Buy big 10 kg spools or bigger and once set you are good for a month. Then you never need to open the side door.
Attachments
20170118_152407.jpg

JohnSays

Postby JohnSays » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:39 am

Yeah, that's cool. But you have to have a wall nearby... I figure I can do it from the ceiling too. So a 10 Kg roll, now that is interesting. I have been buying eSun ABS in 1 Kg rolls. Where can I get 10 Kg rolls of high quality ABS?
- John

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:55 am

hmmm using petg from Push Plastics, they also sell abs
http://pushplastic.com/collections/3-kg ... 0kg-22-lbs

JohnSays

Postby JohnSays » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:45 am

Thanks. eSun also has 3Kg rolls but only if I order from China. How's the quality of the PETG and ABS?
- John

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”