IdeaMaker remote access screen

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
RA1981

IdeaMaker remote access screen

Postby RA1981 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi,

it seems that the IM remote screen doesn't use the same informations shown on the touchscreen. For example, if you move the axes by the utilities tab on the touchscreen, and then do the same on IM remotely, the IM information starts with X/Y/Z coordinates 0/0/0.

I want to suggest that IM collects the current values from the touch controller.

Regards

Jetguy

Re: IdeaMaker remote access screen

Postby Jetguy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:45 pm

No, you are going down a bad path.
The screen does not ever know the coordinates of the actual mechanics. This is a 2 board system and as implemented, neither the local screen nor the remote screen is an accurate position value. Never use this info for calculations on where an axis actually is. Again it will not be correct on either screen.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Again, please listen to what I'm telling you because you were first wrong in assuming the local screen on the printer was correct and had valuable information to even copy to the remote screen.

The front panel LCD controller is kind of like Octoprint but a much better custom user interface. The issue is, that is talking to a separate control board running Marlin firmware based on the RUMBA controller. Marlin is not sending back the actual coordinates. So all you know is what was commanded by the LCD. In other words, it starts at 0, if you go around, that all adds up. Say something else happens to send a command, then what the LCD says and what the actual motion control says are not the same. So again, do not trust or use the coordinates the way you are attempting to based on your request- remote or local.

RA1981

Postby RA1981 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi Jetguy,

I understand that the coordinates shown are relative, not absolute, maybe except when the axis have been moved to home position. What I mean is that the touchscreen and IM should show the same data.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:18 pm

You can ask for that, but again, I'm warning you, don't use it or ever depend on it.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:22 pm

Again, you through the term relative, but you didn't really catch- that is relative to only what the control panel sent. So you jog some, then print, then go back to jog after a print. The value shown means absolutely nothing at this point, it's completely invalid.

It's mixed with previous jogs, it doesn't reset if you home, It doesn't know ever where you are or what combination of values was sent. I'm telling you, it's not even relative value like you are implying. It's just not valid.

RA1981

Postby RA1981 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi Jetguy,

okay, thank you for clarification.

Regards

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”