BuildTak FlexPlate

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
fponticelli

BuildTak FlexPlate

Postby fponticelli » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 pm

I'd really like to be able to buy the BuildTak FlexPlate (https://www.buildtak.com/product/buildt ... te-system/) with a surface that matches the N2 bed. Is there any chance that Raise3D and BuildTak will provide such product? I could buy the biggest one (305x305mm) but I don't like much the idea of "wasting" ~35mm per side.

checktest

Re: BuildTak FlexPlate

Postby checktest » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Isn't the N2 print area 305x305mm? Not sure how you would be wasting 35 mm per side?

obfuscated

Postby obfuscated » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Wow $140???

If you need a flexible base just get the BTSN2 Build Plate, put the Buildtak on it and then use silicone pads on the corners instead of the magnetic base.

xygote

Postby xygote » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Another option is a GeckoTek build plate. Its metal and has an embedded "sticky" surface.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:44 pm

don't forget, you need the plate the size of the bed which is much bigger than the 305x305mm print area

Chrigi78

Postby Chrigi78 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Great idea i hope

GEGE

Postby GEGE » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:59 am

Hi Everyone,
I just bought a Flexplate 304x304 with an extra steel plate so I could mount a white buildtak and a black one.
Until now I had issue removing Formfutura ASA printed parts, with brim it was very hard to take them out and without a brim a nightmare. The parts are solid and the spatula couldn't be inserted under the parts so finding a solution to "un-stick" the parts was a must.
Now with a brim it works like a dream and will try without bring very soon. With NEOFIL M-ABS I now print directly onto the Buildtak and the part come out very clean with the face resting on the Buildtak very smooth, far better than with a brim before.
I have aligned the magnetic plate on the bottom left corner, as close as possible in fact to the X/Y home position, on the right side and the top I have a small area not covered by neither the magnetic based or the steel plate, but if needed I can shift the plate a bit, overhanging from the magnetic base, on such small length it will not affect the nozzle/bed distance.
I had, after installing the Flexplate system, to turn the Z axis screw.
Gege

lami3d

Postby lami3d » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:42 am

ASA Formfutura and M-ABS Neofil works perfectly on a simple glass bed with a coat of Dimafix (and a skirt if necessary)
No warping after 30h+ printing and 15 min later, the print part debonds from the bed by itself !

I trust you that it improves your prints but there're basic and cheapier ways that works perfectly.
I don't even want to know how this new "revolutionary thing" costs, happiest people should be the brand and the resellers as usual :mrgreen:
Last edited by lami3d on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Like each of you, I have tested everything to make my prints stick on the bed without warping. I have the N2 Plus.
I mostly print with the ASA, ABS, PETG and flexible filaments. I also have to print big parts.
Like you know, it is really hard not to warp. Like some of you, I don't always have success with BuildTak.
So I tried many other options; and I don't really like to put Spray-net, Glue Stick, Blue Tape or ABS Slurry.
For small parts it works fine but for big print surfaces it is another challenge!
The bests solutions, mainly for ASA/ABS filaments; I bought a Alu plate ( because I did not have a spare glass plate )
of dimensions 1/8" x 13.5" x 13.5". Not a lot of people are talking about "LokBuild" here for know, but it is much better than
BuildTak... And, I am not there resaler. I bought it on Amazon.ca, in Canada.
After some tests, I can tell the Raisers that it is working really well and I won't buy BuildTak again.
Also it is almost impossible for air bubbles to get trapped beneath the LokBuild surface.
LokBuild can be removed from the build plate cleanly in one piece and leaves no residue behind.
I directly had a reply from Lokbuild about the dimensions offered. In a month or so, they will offer a new dimension: 17" x 17".
This is a good news, I will cut it at my Aluminium spare plate dimension.
https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web ... n=LokBuild
http://www.lokbuild.com/

Another good surface to buy is the famous PEI sheet. I bought one too on Amazon and glue this sheet on another spare
Aluminium plate, with 3M Brand spray adhesive. It was not working well for the ASA but it is perfect for the PETG; the first layer was sticking perfectly on that sheet. Otherwise, on the BuildTak, I had to put the Glue Stick on the surface before, if I wanted PETG to stick on the 3d printing bed surface...

I am very happy to have found a solution to the warping and wanted to share it! Because warping is a loosing time and money.
Like you, by writing these lines, I hope to help somebody having great time on their Raise3d printer.
I will put some pictures soon of the tests I've made. Sorry for my English, I am a french Canadian from Quebec!
Attachments
4.jpg
5.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:21 pm

The only important question: does it last after few prints?
After approximately 5 prints, it took off. Weird...
I spoke to the supplier and received a replacement.
I have printed successfully a 11.5x11.5" part. No warping issu at all...
I have continued to test the surface, I got a new one.
It is working nice with ASA filament with 250°C + 110°C bed.
Last edited by Billucas on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:30 pm

thanks for the tip

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”