Comprehensive list of materials with print settings - Brand Specific on some

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
KS_Husker

Comprehensive list of materials with print settings - Brand Specific on some

Postby KS_Husker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:48 pm

I know you guys have a list of approved filaments in your "Open Filament Program" which I think is a great idea and I'm glad you are doing this. However, your list of filaments is very small and seems to be growing very slowly.

I recently visited Fusion3's website to scope out their offerings and saw their list of filaments is HUGE!!!
They offer the settings for their printer with this list also. Some are just specific materials, but a lot are brand specific.

I think you guys need something like this also, it would really help you compete with what they have to offer. People want their printer to be plug and play, and not have to fiddle with them to find the proper settings for their material. As I'm sure you are already aware.

I was just very impressed with this list that they had, and wished you guys had something similar. Theirs is about 3 pages long and small font. That's a bunch of materials and brands, compared to your 6 brands.

Even better would be to take it to the next step and have all of these materials from a large list incorporated into Ideamaker to select as a drop down based on material type then brand!!
That would be really nice.

KS_Husker

Re: Comprehensive list of materials with print settings - Brand Specific on some

Postby KS_Husker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:58 pm

I have added an image below if one of the pages Fusion3 has on their website to show you what I am referring to.
Attachments
Filaments.png

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Comprehensive list of materials with print settings - Brand Specific on some

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:20 am

Thanks for your suggestions!
We will keep on working with filament validation.
Please do understand that the filament validation real takes time and efforts.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:03 pm

I understand, but it seems like your list is growing extremely slowly. I just want to see you guys on top.

pjyarnall

Postby pjyarnall » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Plus one!!
Pro 2

Ronvp

Postby Ronvp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:37 am

Plus one

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”