Feature Request #1 Notifications

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Insomnia

Feature Request #1 Notifications

Postby Insomnia » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:00 pm

The filament run out sensor is great and a really nice feature to have, but if you're not babysitting the printer during long prints you might not find out it stopped for hours. SMS notifications would be ideal, however at this point I'd settle for a notification through ideamaker.

Secondary to that request would be the option to require the heat plate remain heated while the printer is "waiting". Some build surfaces require heat to maintain print adhesion. In such cases, even if the filament run out sensor stops the printer, if you don't get on it right away your print releases and you have to start over again anyway.

Alex M.

Re: Feature Request #1 Notifications

Postby Alex M. » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Have you tried the options in the Advanced Menu of the Touchscreen? I'm not sure if it does want you want (because Raise3D has failed to document the features, but that's a different topic), however you could give them a try.

advanced menu.jpg

I'm thinking disable "Cool Down after a print paused" and maybe "Preheat after a print recovery". Like I said, I don't know but the first sounds like what you want. I assume the second is after a power interruption during a print, so probably not what you want.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:50 pm

Insomnia wrote:The filament run out sensor is great and a really nice feature to have, but if you're not babysitting the printer during long prints you might not find out it stopped for hours. SMS notifications would be ideal, however at this point I'd settle for a notification through ideamaker.

These features are included in the cloud Beta. It really pains me to see them limit who has access, because for a change, this is one good software thing they have done recently that solves many of these features. Please, bug them and tell them you want in cloud!!!
Notification options.jpg

Korni

Postby Korni » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Jetguy wrote:
These features are included in the cloud Beta. It really pains me to see them limit who has access, because for a change, this is one good software thing they have done recently that solves many of these features. Please, bug them and tell them you want in cloud!!!
Notification options.jpg

Fine for YOU .... but NOT for normal (only one Printer) User :roll:
Pro2+ Image

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:05 am

Korni wrote:Fine for YOU .... but NOT for normal (only one Printer) User :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=19&p=36333&sid=fdb940064e64d53b060de5e37e307b6a#p36332
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The cloud system is still under developing, we want to open the first batch test with limited users so that we can handle .
We will open the second batch test for more customers who own printer under 3 units around November.

Korni

Postby Korni » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:52 am

November ... does not use me / us now ;-)
Pro2+ Image

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”