Palette compatibility - adding more extruders

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
colbylippincott

Palette compatibility - adding more extruders

Postby colbylippincott » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:13 pm

I love ideamaker a lot. It's all we use at our company, and I have used a lot of different slicers. The only thing is, we could be getting a palette 2 soon, which can convert the N2 plus to use 4 materials instead of just 2. I know they are coming out with the CANVAS for converting models to 4 colors, but it is quite rudimentary at the moment, and can't import ideamaker profiles yet. Plus the ideamaker interface is just so much better than other slicers that it would be a step back to move to CANVAS.

They do have the Chroma program, which takes the gcode from a normal slicer and sends it to the palette, but in that case ideamaker can't use more than 2 materials, so we aren't able to take full advantage of the palette with that.

So I don't know how hard this would be, but adding more extruders to ideamaker would be great. I realize it doesn't exactly matter for any of your printers as they come off the shelf, but I think the palette 2 is going to be a big thing, and it would be a shame if we had to start using another program to slice files.

Even if you could just add more extruders, but not bother with the wipe wall and purge method changes you would need, that would be helpful. The palette handles all the transitions anyways. Maybe just have a "palette" checkbox that enables the other 2 extruders.

Korni

Re: Palette compatibility - adding more extruders

Postby Korni » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:09 pm

A option to use Palette 2 (Pro) is a very good idea !!!!
Pro2+ Image

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”