PVA Support Material Test

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
HMBR

Re: PVA Support Material Test

Postby HMBR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi,
i use the Formfutura PVA and it seems to be easy to print at 185-200°C. Nice adhesion to the naked glas at 70-85°C and good printing quality as long as it's the only material and there are no retractions.
If I use it in dual extrusion though, i cant make it past the 2-3 layer of PLA/PETG (no bonding problems between the two) without clogging the 0.4mm nozzle (bontech extruder). I tried printing with fast/slow/no retractions but it seems as soon as the extrusion of PVA is stopped once, the process is more or less dead. Does anyone have an idea what other options there possibly are? Wipetower/wall do not help either...

Littlemyth

Postby Littlemyth » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:30 am

Hi,

I am wondering if others have had success other than the Raise3d Team. My assumption Is that people using PVA successfully don’t really have a incentive to post here.

I am brand new to 3d printing and the primary reason I wanted a dual extruder was to print with PVA. So I am curious as to how people are making out with it

Thanks,

Tinkerer

Postby Tinkerer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:09 am

Littlemyth,
I did quit trying with PVA but switched to Verbatim's BVOH.
That stuff works much better for me.
On the downside it's more expensive.
...there's nothing like the smell of fresh ABS in the morning...

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:56 pm

I cannot get my PLA/PVA prints to work as Raise3D did. Since Raise3D does not sell PVA, I cannot determine what product they used. It would be helpful if we could learn exactly what PVA product we need to purchase in order to get PLA and PVA to work together. Even better, since Raise3D got this to work well, why not sell that PVA in their store, so that all of us can purchase it?

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:07 pm

Littlemyth wrote:Hi,

I am wondering if others have had success other than the Raise3d Team. My assumption Is that people using PVA successfully don’t really have a incentive to post here.

I am brand new to 3d printing and the primary reason I wanted a dual extruder was to print with PVA. So I am curious as to how people are making out with it

Thanks,

Hello. I tried PVA months ago and it did not work for me either. I bought HIPS with limonene, but never try yet.
So, I use the less support as possible or the same filament, for now.

Maybe try Hydrosupport. ... They advertise "Much easier than PVA"
https://youtu.be/5w7RuHjPMVE
Attachments
DSC03161.JPG
DSC03160.JPG

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:05 pm

After struggling with PVA, I purchased some Verbatim BVOH. I printed the BVOH at 200, and the first test print was a huge improvement over PVA. I may need to increase the extruder temperature, but BVOH is well worth a try

Return to “User's Gallery”