Finally got dual-extrusion working...

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
jetdillo

Finally got dual-extrusion working...

Postby jetdillo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:19 pm

After a lot of testing and tweaking and some minor surgery on my Bondtech, I'm pretty confident that I have dual extrusion working reliably now.
20180605_221326.jpg
20180605_220632.jpg

JohnSays

Re: Finally got dual-extrusion working...

Postby JohnSays » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Very nice! Very well done on the persistence to get it working correctly.

Note that if you do anything that loosens the nozzle or printhead in any way, you will need to remeasure your x and y offsets to the right hand extruder. So no changing nozzles unless you are willing to recalibrate everything. I stopped using dual nozzles because I was spending way too much of my time recalibrating... But it was fun to print in two colors or with support.
- John
2 Raise3D N2 Duals, V2 nozzles, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection resistors on motion controller board, Firmware 1.1.8ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette+

jetdillo

Re: Finally got dual-extrusion working...

Postby jetdillo » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:39 pm

JohnSays wrote:Very nice! Very well done on the persistence to get it working correctly.

Note that if you do anything that loosens the nozzle or printhead in any way, you will need to remeasure your x and y offsets to the right hand extruder. So no changing nozzles unless you are willing to recalibrate everything. I stopped using dual nozzles because I was spending way too much of my time recalibrating... But it was fun to print in two colors or with support.

Thanks John!

Yeah, it was a lot of work, but worth it. I had some structural parts that really needed different support(I've been mostly using PolySupport) so my choice was either figure it out or just not print them(practically speaking).
I had it working for about a month solid, but have now had to turn my attention to other single-filament projects. I know how to get back to it when I need it next though.

Return to “User's Gallery”