N1 Active Cooling Lid

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
krohelm

N1 Active Cooling Lid

Postby krohelm » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:42 am

Completed the first iteration on an "active cooling" PID +PWM controlled enclosure. You set a desired temperature for the air inside the enclosure and fan is driven to try to hold that temperature. It needs intake ventilation to handle higher loads (e.g., 80c bed held at 25 enclosure temperature at 21.5 ambient) but it is currently functional!

IMAG2882.jpg

I'm pretty excited! Maybe rev2 can be gcode controlled target enclosure temperature...

Jab136

Re: N1 Active Cooling Lid

Postby Jab136 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:56 pm

is this for low temperature plastics?

krohelm

Re: N1 Active Cooling Lid

Postby krohelm » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:06 pm

It's really so I can always have the lid on. More consistent print environment temperatures ought to help with consistency ragardless of material... At least that's the theory under which I designed this :-)

My house is kind of drafty, and ambient temperature in my office swings between 18c and 23c. Plus, Raise ships a lid for the N1 that just plain does not fit. It's too short and the cable tube is so stiff it just pushes the lid up and clatters all around. If I was making a new taller lid, why not make it a smart lid?

Planning to add exhaust as well to allow printing less savory plastics like ASA indoors. Maintaining negative air pressure inside the enclosure keeps the voc's headed out.

Return to “User's Gallery”