Project: Scan a motorcycle helmet and print attachments using Einscan Pro+ and SpaceClaim

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
Vice Chief

Project: Scan a motorcycle helmet and print attachments using Einscan Pro+ and SpaceClaim

Postby Vice Chief » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Hey all, thought I would share a project. A customer of mine has a novel idea to make attachments for motorcycle helmets. The video doesn't reveal the FULL idea, but it shows how I designed the base part of the geometry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ty1GcUyEuk

I recently purchased SpaceClaim and an Einscan SE. Einscan offered to loan me a Pro+ to see if I wanted to upgrade. I've been really happy with the scan quality of the Einscan hardware. The software is obviously in the early stages, but it's under constant development and I like how they're moving forward with it.

SpaceClaim is like a mix of Maya, MeshMixer, and Solidworks. It's really interesting and powerful software when it comes to working with mesh geometry. For me, it might be the perfect mix of artistic modeling/reality capture and CAD. For whatever reason, there isn't a ton of public information about it like there is for other CAD packages. I took a chance and I feel I took the right one, at least for the five or six jobs I've done with it so far.

Anyway, at the end of the video I print the sample part on my trusty Raise3D N2 and it snaps on perfectly the first time. That was a great feeling.

Michael.P@Raise3D

Re: Project: Scan a motorcycle helmet and print attachments using Einscan Pro+ and SpaceClaim

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Very nicely done, its good to see the Einscan Pro+ working out well.
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

Return to “User's Gallery”