Multiple painted prints

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
Mecha_Monster

Multiple painted prints

Postby Mecha_Monster » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Hello,

I Have been printing and painting many figurines, all of them looks great. I want to share some of them.

First image. From left to right: Turnip Head form Howl's moving castle, then a giant articulated elephant, and above the book is Toothless from How to train your dragon.
Turnip head was print using IC3D White ABS, 0.15mm layers, 236 degrees, 110 buildplate and superglue as adhesive to ensure that the print does not detaches off the buildplate. The details are amazing, that figurine even have a small pipe, less than 5mm and 0.5mm thick. The fingers are long and thin. All of it flawless. IC3D ABS is my far my favorite filament
Giant Elephant was placed longitudinal on the buildplate and maximize its size. Silver HatchboX PLA, 0.15mm

IMG_9984.JPG

Here are a couple of figurines before paint: Link from Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of time, and Turnip Head
Both printed with IC3D White ABS, 0.15mm layer height. Flawless results.

6064a37d-a519-44a8-a319-d3395d510eca.png

Here is link after paint.

link.png

I also printed a veeery dificult figurine: King of red Lions of Wind Waker. The figurine was designed for SLA printers, because most of the details are thin and the overhangs are challenging. The Raise3D printed accepted the challenge and printed a 20cm high boat with ABS. I am extremely impressed with the printer and the painted results. Oil paint
By the way; those horizontal lines on the white details are not the layers of the print, those are lines created by the paintbrush. I do not have a picture before the paint, but the layers are unperceptible.

IMG_0015.JPG

Finally. Stitch from Lilo and Stich. IC3D White ABS, 0.15mm layer height and acrylic paint.

20863552_2363631500528560_5852124374057869828_o.jpg

Conclusion:
1 - Raise3D, properly used, is capable of amazing things, It gives me the confidence to attempt print difficult things.
2 - Support material is your friend, not your enemy. I heavily use support, as much as possible. I enable the dense support option with >8 layers, 100% density. It comes off easily.
3 - IC3D ABS is for now my top choice. Also, The Raise3D is very good keeping the buildvolume cozy and warm. It have to be warm, which I do by setting the buildplate to 110 deg.
4 - Post-processing is crucial. I use wood-filling, sand paper and acrylic/oil paints

woofy

Re: Multiple painted prints

Postby woofy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am

Superb!
I wish I had the patience to do such a good paint job on my prints.
Well done.
Raise3D N2+, Ultimaker2 & UP plus printers.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 am

Nice work!
Thanks for your sharing!

Guess thousands of people will also have a lot interest about the post-processing. If you'd like to advise some tips or steps, that will be perfect!

bellatrixzen

Postby bellatrixzen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:04 pm

Very nice work!!

Return to “User's Gallery”