Single extruder multiple color using the Mosaic Palette

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
Jetguy

Re: Single extruder multiple color using the Mosaic Palette

Postby Jetguy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:17 am

I did receive the Mosaic Palette+ and want to print the CalibrationPrint.
The Raise3D N2 Plus does not recognize the file CalibrationPrint.csf.gcode.
Slice programms I tried are Ideamaker, Cura and Simplify 3D.
Is there something special how to setup Chroma?

All you have to do is print that file CalibrationPrint.csf.gcode
No, since not sliced in ideamaker it does not produce the image file that shows up on the LCD of the N series but the file will print.
Printing calibration1.jpg

Printing calibration2.jpg

I do have a concern in that you should get in the practice of using the supplied Raise 3D USB thumb drive for the gcode file and the SD card for the palette. Now maybe you use multiple SD cards and that's why and how you transfer files- but again, in the future for printing, you need 2 storage mediums because one goes into the palette+ and that must be SD card to give it the msf file, and the gcode file goes to the printer. Right now, Raise 3D does not yet have a menu system to copy the file from external storage to internal storage in the printer. You can use ideamker to open and transfer a gcode file over the network- but for this calibration, let's stick to plug in media and at least get started.

Jetguy

Re: Single extruder multiple color using the Mosaic Palette

Postby Jetguy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:22 am

Again, let's just understand that 3rd party slicing does not include the proprietary image file along side the gcode file to show up on the LCD of the printer. This does not mean that the file is not recognized. You can print the file, it doesn't matter one bit, it's just not going top give you that pretty image on the LCD with a preview.

Return to “User's Gallery”