Single extruder multiple color using the Mosaic Palette

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
brennanfoo

Re: Single extruder multiple color using the Mosaic Palette

Postby brennanfoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:10 pm

@bellatrixzen Awesome! Thanks for sharing those. May we share those on http://twitter.com/PalettePrinted and elsewhere?

Yup, this update includes the G-code fixes thanks to Jetguy!

Here's what it looks like:

This is found in your Printer Profile under the Dimensions tab.
Last edited by brennanfoo on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brennanfoo

Postby brennanfoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:14 pm

By the way @bellatrixzen, do you have any suggestions for the ideal PTFE tube length for the tube that goes between the Scroll Wheel and your N2's extruder? IIRC you mentioned that you had to customize yours -- we don't want users to have to do this, so we're happy to create custom tubes that are ideal for Raise printers. Would certainly appreciate any thoughts here!

bellatrixzen

Postby bellatrixzen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 pm

@brennanfoo I cut down the 4mm(OD) clear tube that came with my raise to 175mm and couple it to the Mosaic tube with a 4mm to 5.75mm coupling I printed.
Keep in mind I am using a bondtech directdrive hybrid, so the tall Raise3D extruder riser that comes with the N2+ Dual is not in use and will alter that length a bit, probably making the extension longer to avoid a bending radius the can kink or possibly damage a splice.
Also, my scroll wheel is mounted to the side of the N2+ as seen in this picture:
IMG_20170805_092541254.jpg

Sure you can post any pics I posted, no worries.
Hope that helps!

brennanfoo

Postby brennanfoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:59 pm

@bellatrixzen Many thanks for both the information about your tubes, and for permission to share your pictures.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Jetguy wrote:The new Palette + will absolutely work with the N2 and N2 Plus.
I will create specific instructions and profiles.

Here is the biggest reason why you had not seen me post about N2/n2 plus using the original palette was a limitation of the original splices and the feed tube guide path is longer for the N2 and N2 Plus. Now with the new splicing method and insane amount of strength and ease of use that the Palette + model adds, it makes the N2 and N2+ that much easier to use.

-edited for updated info-
The team from MMfg got back to me so quickly, a delight! Thanks Jonny, et al!

Apparently the single extruder (n2 at least) does use this Teflon tube guide
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1523612
as long as i unscrew the cable chain, install, and re-screw the chain. Not elegant, but functional. I will ask my son to re-model it to fit a little nicer.

I also had a problem with setting up Chroma (newest version 2.1.0 downloaded today) - i got an error regarding feed settings. Using S3D to slice, with your profile - but I couldnt use your yml file - it doesnt find it when i try to import. I get this error:
Screenshot 2017-09-13 15.08.44.png

I did email Mosaic support - and they said my starting gCode (taken from your fff/profile) had a weird value within the start sequence, line 209 just says "G1 F”. It looks like there’s a typo in the start sequence—not sure what speed you wanted to use there but they can probably just get rid of the line entirely.

I wrote the following to Jonny, but maybe someone using IM and S3D has an answer relative to both softwares?
Im curious if my setup of S3D is incorrect, or if i’m missing something. Again, I copied JetGuys … but there could be version or config differences. This is the starting Gcode sequence I have in S3D

G21
G90
M82
M107
G28 X0 Y0
G28 Z0
G1 F
M117 Printing...
M1001
; **** end of start.gcode ****

and here is the starting gCode i have in IdeaMaker (from Raise3D)
G21
G90
M82
M107
G28 X0 Y0
G28 Z0
G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed}
G92 E0
G1 F140 E29
G1 X20 Y0 F140 E30
G92 E0
G1 F{travel_speed}
M117 Printing...

Should i try replacing the S3D starting with the IdeaMaker? I know that when I slice with IDeamaker, it purges a bit, then moves the print head over to the starting position then levels the Z where as with S3D, it actually levels the Z then moves the head, with no purge. Not sure if that’s on purpose.

Thanks as always, i learn so much from your posts!

Return to “User's Gallery”