First day, worst case ... injury

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Korni

First day, worst case ... injury

Postby Korni » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Who else ...

First day the Pro2 Plus ... 2nd Print, try to release pressure with a spatula.
1. Slipped, with spatula hole in Built Plate AND
2. At the (sharp-edged) lower edge of the Built Plate the middle finger is bloodily injured.

Super Raise3D .... you can do nothing for the hole in the BuiltPlate, but my bloody finger goes to Raise3D's account :evil:

In the US I would now be MILLIONAIRE (sue) !!!

Fair would be a free replacement Built Plate .... otherwise I send you my open finger as a reminder ;)

IMG_7415.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG

Iamkar33m

Re: First day, worst case ... injury

Postby Iamkar33m » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:36 pm

In the US you're free to try and sue for this little cut, but I guarantee you'll be laughed out of the courtroom.

You need to calibrate your z-height as parts should release from the buildtak (after cooldown) with only gentle pressure. I have plenty of gouges in my buildtak from being stupid myself... but I learned and got better. Raise3D doesn't owe you anything.

Respectfully,
Kareem

Korni

Postby Korni » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Sure, the holes are my fault and I'm annoying too ... but the bottom edge of the built plate is really outrageously sharp. I think that would have been objected in the EU ...
Unfortunately, there is still no dealer in Germany of spare parts (Replacement Built Plate) to Germany delivers.

Is there an exact guide to Z-Height calibration? Quick start manual unfortunately incomplete.

Iamkar33m

Postby Iamkar33m » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:48 pm

Knives are sharp too but you don't see chefs cutting themselves on them. You should always exercise caution around what is essentially a sheet of glass with a sticker attached to it.

As for adjusting the bed height, it's the same as every other 3D printer on the market. You level your bed and then using a sheet of paper adjust your Z-height until it every so slightly drags on the nozzle as you move it around.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:15 pm

The exposed edges of the plastic enclosure are also extremely sharp. I used a plastic de-edger to smooth them to avoid cuts.

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This thread is ridiculous.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:58 pm

When I started in this 3D printing stuff the trash can in my office looked like a murder scene as it was filled with bloody paper towels. I was always cutting myself. Two things resolved that issue.
#1 - I started to learn what I was doing - I rarely have to deal with sharp tools anymore since I have a much better handle on how to make prints that come apart where desired.
#2 - when I do have to grab sharp tools, I put these (or similar) on first: https://www.homedepot.com/p/G-F-Cut-Res ... /202710218

Return to “Hardware”