Odd Print Failures Pro2

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Max1mus

Odd Print Failures Pro2

Postby Max1mus » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 am

Hi guys,

I'm all of a sudden running into printing issues with my Pro2, no idea what could be causing them. I've had several long prints fail on me with settings that have worked in the past, I've attached an image of the most recent failure.
IMG_0940.JPG

Honestly can't tell if there is nozzle drag going on or what, never had a print fail in this way before. Any advice would be much appreciated!

[EDIT]
So the printer is currently sitting idle but the left nozzle temperature is up at 116°C. Now the nozzle isn't hot at all, could a failure with the thermocoupler cause the nozzle to fluctuate it's temperature?

Korni

Re: Odd Print Failures Pro2

Postby Korni » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:24 am

What the hell is going on with Raise3D ... ???
This is cheapest China quality and not worth more than 150 €.
Is that the estimated Raise3D quality ???
Since we order a 6000 € machine before and have to experience only the cheapest quality and / or mass error.
Shameful ...
Pro2+ Image

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:40 am

Please do not use the printer until we figure out reason and fix the issue.
Shoot us a support ticket at help.raise3d.com.

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Max1mus wrote:Hi guys,

I'm all of a sudden running into printing issues with my Pro2, no idea what could be causing them. I've had several long prints fail on me with settings that have worked in the past, I've attached an image of the most recent failure.
IMG_0940.JPG

Honestly can't tell if there is nozzle drag going on or what, never had a print fail in this way before. Any advice would be much appreciated!

[EDIT]
So the printer is currently sitting idle but the left nozzle temperature is up at 116°C. Now the nozzle isn't hot at all, could a failure with the thermocoupler cause the nozzle to fluctuate it's temperature?

Having the same failures on mine as well. Mine started out as layer separation and went as far as completely crystallizing PLA. It has to do with the connection to thermocouple and for whatever reason the software does not recognize the temperature swings and keeps printing. Basically the thermistor isn't reading the temperature correctly and still trying to print. I have seen my nozzle temp swing from 210 to 160 and then all the way up to 280 while it was printing and the printer doe not stop, it just burns the filament. I would only run it while the printer is attended at the very least or not run it at all as Vicky said. When the temperature reading on the screen for the nozzle drops while printing the printer begins heating the nozzle even though the actual temperature has not changed. When this happens the printer should throw an error and stop the print, but it continues to heat up to probably an unsafe temperature. Hot enough to crystallize the filament and stall the hotend extruder. I was told not to use mine as well until the problem has been solved and I have only been printing while the printer can be attended so that I can shut it off if the filament starts to burn. If I had to guess I would say there is going to be a software update in the near future that will address this issue.

Best of luck.

Return to “Hardware”