Extruder Jam and stuck fillament Pro2

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Prop-Fiction

Re: Extruder Jam and stuck fillament Pro2

Postby Prop-Fiction » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:13 pm

I have The new hotend :-)

But Now same Problem Again and again .
Throat Tube Stück The filament.
Is they and Solution Now?

It is possible to drill just a little Bit The throat Tube Open?
I think it is not the problem that it is too hot in the tube. the problem is that the thraot tube is too tight. if the roller of the feeder the filament even slightly crushed it is almost not. more through.
does anyone have a solution ne ..
Es gibt kein das „geht nicht“, immer nur eine Frage des Geldes oder der Zeit.

Schlaf wird überbewertet.

My Costume website
http://www.prop-fiction.de

JamesW

Postby JamesW » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:57 am

The printer is new. Does "drilling" on it seem a little drastic? Shouldn't Raise3d be taking the lead on this since it seems to be a design problem?

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 am

Prop-Fiction wrote:I have The new hotend :-)

But Now same Problem Again and again .
Throat Tube Stück The filament.
Is they and Solution Now?

It is possible to drill just a little Bit The throat Tube Open?
I think it is not the problem that it is too hot in the tube. the problem is that the thraot tube is too tight. if the roller of the feeder the filament even slightly crushed it is almost not. more through.
does anyone have a solution ne ..

Check this thread here about the problem.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9644

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:41 am

elitetux wrote:Any idea on how to remove jammed filament? We have had issues previously where the filament gets cut right at the drive wheel. This time it did that but got stuck below the drive wheel. I took the top assembly off and am left with the white plastic tube and the filament is stuck about a half inch above the tube. I have heated it up and tried pushing it inward and then pulling out but nothing. Is there a disassembly guide for the hot end? It looks like I can remove the top 4 screws facing downward - will the hot end drop out if I remove these?

Please contact our support team to get more information about how to clean out a jam and carry out a disassembling.
You can reach to us at help.raise3d.com.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:08 am

For any jam, we will recommend to contact Raise3D support to figure out the origin jam is at which height first, remove the jam completely or replace the problem parts then start another print.

dinogoal

Postby dinogoal » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:43 pm

I've been having this same problem and am currently stuck with the filament jammed right below the gears. I've been running with the top, sides and front doors open for PLA and for the most part it's been fine. I've mostly experienced this deep into longer prints, which obviously sucks even more. We bought this for business, and so far I have a lot of unhappy clients due to jams in the machine. For the price of the machine I would not expect to see such a significant issue to a key area.

Like elitetux I wonder if we can modify the hotend heatsink on the N2 for the Pro2?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Sorry for the troubles.
Not recommend to do so, as the size of hot-end of Pro2 is not the same as N2.
If you can figure the jam height, would more recommend to reach to our technician to ask for help.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:03 am

All,

I'm printing with 3D Fuel's HydroSupport, which is PVA like as I understand it. (Or just a fancy name for PVA) . None the less I'm getting a similar "skipping" issue on the extruder with the PVA, only after 20-30 minutes of printing the first layer.

Tried a myriad of different settings for extrusion temp, etc. No luck.

Thoughts?

bolsoncerrado

Postby bolsoncerrado » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:51 am

All,

I'm having heat creep issues too with DevilDesigns PLA.

Already tried a couple of temps and all doors and cover open but extruder keeps jamming....

Cool?

Prop-Fiction

Postby Prop-Fiction » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:11 pm

More cooling on the hotend.
Search my thread about it.

My Costume website

TheDude

Postby TheDude » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:04 am

Vicky@Raise3D,

Can you confirm the insights Prop-Fiction has written about in his findings? Are we battling run-away heat on the hot end causing the guide tube feed to foul?

Please advise at your earliest.

Thanks.

bolsoncerrado

Postby bolsoncerrado » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Prop-Fiction wrote:More cooling on the hotend.

I shouldn't be having to mod a 5k machine in order to get what I paid for, don't You think?

Korni

Postby Korni » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:38 pm

bolsoncerrado wrote:
Prop-Fiction wrote:More cooling on the hotend.

I shouldn't be having to mod a 5k machine in order to get what I paid for, don't You think?

100% correct !!!!
Pro2+ Image

Prop-Fiction

Postby Prop-Fiction » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:56 pm

Yes, but it is what at is.. and I love this machine.. and I have some printers and no one works like I want out of the box.
And maybe one can design a stl for the fan so you only have to print and mod it like this.
I only can say I don’t have any trouble now..

I very very happy with this printer.
I mod my UL2 extrem with different spare Parts and as well it don’t run as well.

This is a small problem easy to solve and do you think other printers have no problems at start?

My Costume website

bolsoncerrado

Postby bolsoncerrado » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:42 am

CR10 has actually no problems at start but will have due to certain design on certain parts. Community was there to help, indeed. But it's a 500USD machine.
Prusa has NO problems at all out of the box. May have had some issues which have been solved for free by the community as well or Prusa sending upgraded parts (and not just plastic, I mean actual hardware) for free. But it's a 750USD machine.
THIS is a 5kUSD machine. One would not expect the very first print to fail, printing the easiest material to print with, aka PLA, *BUT* coincidentially, many users report the same issue at the time it's realized that the new Pro2 series have smaller cooling areas!!! And this ain't a design flaw but a filament setting error, right? Yeah, sure.

pjyarnall

Postby pjyarnall » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:18 am

The Pro2 is my first printer. I have been able to print Matterhacker Nylon X, and 3DXTech PETG with glass pretty reliably. I then tried 3DXtech Nylon w CF, Gen 2 and all hell broke loose. Lost count of the hot end jams. Tried dozens of setting combinations. Worked with their tech support. Occasionally got a small part made, more often not and finally gave up. Serious cost in time. Then took a chance on a roll of "tough PLA" by Makerbot. Same issues. Makerbot support was zero... Would not even offer a range of temperature. Total jerks.

Having thought about this a great deal and extensive research, I believe Jetguy is right. The Pro2 throat tube heatsink is too small under certain conditions and with certain filaments. The physical layout and tight quarters in that area defy an easy solution. Pretty disappointing that the Pro2 head design was not more thoroughly tested before released to manufacturing.

I am presently contemplating a small copper, liquid cooled, heatsink substitute. It is not acceptable to have a machine that can't print materials that are in the specification heat range of the design.

This and other modifications to the Pro2 are on my list, including an integrated dry box. That will be operational soon. I will post pics when it is done.
Pro 2

Kraken3d

Postby Kraken3d » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Please shoot us a support ticket at help.raise3d.com to let our technician to help fix your issue.
And advise your filament type and printing setting inside your ticket. if we have experience with your filament, we can share your some tips.

You have a heat creep issue, quit ignoring it and offer a fix. To many people have the issue to keep blaming a certain filament etc... Pretty sure everyone here agrees on what the problem is yet Raise won't admit fault and claim responsibility.

Ben Roj

Postby Ben Roj » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:41 am

I had issue with heat creep when print generic PLA as well.

I then decide to remove the front fan mount, and just put the fan alone so it can suck hot air fully. You can do that by squeezing between the 2 side cooling fan brackets.

After this change, I have successfully printed almost 40 hours print job with generic Chinese brand PLA (add to that it is an old spool over 2 years, very brittle).
Attachments
S_8416150838674.jpg
S_8416150401972.jpg
Last edited by Ben Roj on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Roj

Postby Ben Roj » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 am

The pictures of the front fan after remove the mount bracket.
Attachments
S_8416215603197.jpg
S_8416215650173.jpg

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:22 pm

I have the SAME issue... extruder gears and filament stuck inside the throat tube. Nightmare. This printhead is not easy maintenance part!
For this price is not acceptable. I should buy PRUSA!

Bed handle snaps off - weak material and I get feedback so this is my fault... and I need to pay for heating bed with handle. This is not joke...

For this price... customer support and local dealers should react very fast... and replace parts without necessary talking. I feel like the lab rat... I'm testing gear on myself for free. It should be done before by factory. What a shame.

I'm disappointed.

All printhead should be redesigned again and send for the cost of the manufacturer.

Return to “Hardware”