Raise3D N2+ Dual: recommended Firmware Version?

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
friendlyguy

Raise3D N2+ Dual: recommended Firmware Version?

Postby friendlyguy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:50 am

Hi there!
I am new here, so please excuse if I chose the wrong "Board".
I am wondering what the recommended Firmware is for this device. Its currently on Version 1.1.1.
However: I noticed that there are often upload errors and I am loosing the network connection to the Printer often.
I did check and found that there is a new firmware version available: 1.1.6-rev1.
Is it recommended to install the latest firmware? Is there a specific Version that is recommended?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Raise3D N2+ Dual: recommended Firmware Version?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 am

For network connection, it is more related to touchscreen firmware but not motion board firmware.
Please try to update the touchscreen firmware to be the latest version and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
If not, please shoot a support ticket to us.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Vicky is correct, network is a function of the front panel and the Raise Touch firmware. The motion controller firmware is a separate function and version. That you really need to update off that 1.1.1 because it has a known stepper timeout than can bite you during a pause. This was fixed (and lots of other changes) in firmware version 1.1.6.

And once again, we are back at a post where this really needs to be something Raise 3D posts in the instruction manual and web pages rather than buried in the forum. This should be one of thee first posts that users should read upon getting this printer.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1652&p=13896#p13896

friendlyguy

Postby friendlyguy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi there!
Thanks for you responses. I successfully upgraded the touchscreen Firmware to the latest Version (V 0.9.7).
And: "Most" Uploads went successfull since then. However, just a few minutes ago one failed again.
It was 29.18 MB Upload size and I tried to upload from ideamaker 2.5.1.785 on windows.
I am wondering about the transfer speed as well: ~130kb on a Gigabit network? Thats... a bit ... unexpected.

Also, thanks jetguy!
I didnt pause anything yet, so I didnt notice that particular error. But right after the next part (~40 hours)
I'll upgrade the controller firmware. About the notice in the manual:
I would only recommend every user to update all firmwares, of their new device,
if there is a general recommendation that a newer version is always better. - Do you know what I mean?
Sometimes newer versions make things worse. I didn't see a differentiation between beta and stable, and I don't know how software testing is performed. Are there only internal tests or are there also public beta tests? (mass testing)
The "rev 1" part in the filename of the current controller firmware did scare me a bit, and its why I asked in the first place.
Maybe its an idea to introduce something like a beta (most features) and a stable (most pain free) version?

Have a nice day :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:51 am

If with the remote control window opened for a few minutes, will it jump out cannot connect's warning or not?

friendlyguy

Postby friendlyguy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:36 am

Hi Vicky!
Thanks for your response: I didn't track the time: but after a while in the background I get "Can not connect to printer!" from the remote control window.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:41 am

Would you like to shoot a support ticket to us? help.raise3d.com

friendlyguy

Postby friendlyguy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Yes, of course.
I just created one, but I am unsure whether it went through nicely. Can you check that?
After clicking on submit in your ticket-system there is no confirmation or ack. that my support ticket was created.
Just a white screen with the heading "Knowledge base" and a search bar.
Thanks for your help in advance!

Kind regards

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 am

Did you remember the ticket number? Or give me the mail address you used to shoot this ticket, so that we can search it in support system.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:23 pm

I have had problems with uploading files - or connecting to the printer via wife - on both my N1 and N2. It happens mostly when i try to scroll through the prints and get to screen 2 or 3 of the menu and the connection is lost. I've had 3 different routers in the 2 years I've owned the printers, and for the majority of my ownership the printers were less than 10 feet from the router.

I dont have a wired connection or i'd use it - but i just live with a bad wifi connection. Would be great if it was more reliable, but I'm not sure that's possible.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:08 am

NewbPilot wrote:I have had problems with uploading files - or connecting to the printer via wife - on both my N1 and N2. It happens mostly when i try to scroll through the prints and get to screen 2 or 3 of the menu and the connection is lost. I've had 3 different routers in the 2 years I've owned the printers, and for the majority of my ownership the printers were less than 10 feet from the router.

I dont have a wired connection or i'd use it - but i just live with a bad wifi connection. Would be great if it was more reliable, but I'm not sure that's possible.

Would you like to shoot us a mail? support@raise3d.com
We want to check more details of your Wi-Fi problem.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
NewbPilot wrote:I have had problems with uploading files - or connecting to the printer via wife - on both my N1 and N2. It happens mostly when i try to scroll through the prints and get to screen 2 or 3 of the menu and the connection is lost. I've had 3 different routers in the 2 years I've owned the printers, and for the majority of my ownership the printers were less than 10 feet from the router.

Would you like to shoot us a mail? support@raise3d.com
We want to check more details of your Wi-Fi problem.

Absolutely. I'm not by the printers until tonight, but I can do that when I get home

Return to “Hardware”