why is the touchscreen rubber cemented onto the printer?

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Jab136

why is the touchscreen rubber cemented onto the printer?

Postby Jab136 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:31 pm

it seems like the three screws hold it in place just fine, I was trying to replace mine today (the top left of the screen is non-responsive) and was worried that I had missed some screws when it was extremely difficult to remove. Side note, the replacement screen had a faulty board and wouldn't start at all, but that is neither here nor there...

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: why is the touchscreen rubber cemented onto the printer?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:59 am

You want to replace only the LCD or the whole screen box? Which screw is bothering you?
It is better to contact our support engineer to help in case any unnecessary damage to the new parts.

Jab136

Re: why is the touchscreen rubber cemented onto the printer?

Postby Jab136 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:24 am

reply, I got replacement for the entire screen box and I was attempting to replace it, there is no problem with the screws, but the entire box was rubber cemented onto the pillar, which seemed unnecessary to me since the screws did a perfectly adequate job. Side note, the replacement box that I received had a faulty board and wouldn't turn on at all, so I re-installed the previous one that just had a dead zone at the top left of the touchscreen for now. I have been in contact with support, this was just more of a suggestion that the rubber cement may not be necessary in the future.

Return to “Hardware”