Filament stop going out of hot end during printing

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Hugo_Allure

Filament stop going out of hot end during printing

Postby Hugo_Allure » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 am

Hi everyone,

I am Hugo and I work for a company that bought 9 Raise3D printers (7 N2 Dual and 2 N2 Dual Plus). Everything was fine during several months and now printing become a nightmare.

We have started to print with blue 1.75mm PLA filament, it was fine, and after we switch with white 1.75mm PLA and at the beginning it was fine and after the problem started: every print start well, but at a moment (random) the filament stop going out of the hot end. The printer keep moving but nothing go out and the feeding gear keep turning in most case and nibble the filament, in few case the gear block. We watch during printing if the coil unfolded badly but not, coil is fine.

We use 0.4mm buzzard.

Print1.jpg

print2.jpg

We have try with and without the 3D print filament guide on the trolley, changing the position of the coil, nothing works. Even using the first blue filament doesn't work anymore. I also change on few printer the gear wheel, clean the hot end and every pieces.

We begin to be kind of desperate, if you have any idea to make the printer works again. Actually if we have 2 succeed print on our 9 printers it is a good news, and the company cannot stay in this position.

Thank you very much and have a good day

Jab136

Re: Filament stop going out of hot end during printing

Postby Jab136 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:47 am

is the nozzle clogging? I have had a similar issue recently, and it has always been because the nozzle clogged.

Hugo_Allure

Postby Hugo_Allure » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:41 pm

I don't know if it is the nozzle or before, inside the hot end. But at the end, it is clogged.

Hugo_Allure

Postby Hugo_Allure » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi Jab136,

I don't know if it is the nozzle or if the filament stay blocked before in the hot end. But at the end, the nozzle is clogged. I just don't know if it is a cause or the result.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:03 am

It is hard to say. But I would recommend you to double check whether the nozzle cooling fans are blowing cooling air to heatsink of the hotend properly to keep the coldend of the hotend at low temperature, even during nozzle heating. Or the filament will extend over time under high temperature before reaching the melt section of nozzle.
And when you find the extrusion stops, please do not stop printing immediately. Try hand push the filament more forward, if hand push can help continue extrudiing, then might be improper distance between feeding gear and the guide bearing.
If hand push cannot continue the extrusion, then it should have some real clog inside the hotend. Maybe the nozzle tip is damaged, so that the feeding pressure is too high. Or improper feeding temperature cause filament carbonized inside the nozzle.

Return to “Hardware”