no networking all of a sudden

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
stewart

no networking all of a sudden

Postby stewart » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Printer refuses to connect to ethernet or wifi. Reboots are completely ineffective. Setting a static IP also does not work. Completely at a loss about what to do now.

Tinkerer

Re: no networking all of a sudden

Postby Tinkerer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Can you ping it?
...there's nothing like the smell of fresh ABS in the morning...

Tinkerer

Postby Tinkerer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:25 pm

If you have both your PC and your printer setup with a static ip-adress & connect both of them to the same network segment (e.g. the same switch), you should be able to ping the printer. If not, it might be a good idea to connect a third device (e.g. NAS, Raspberry Pi or whatever) to the same segment and see, whether the PC can ping that device. If so, I'd assume there's something wrong with the Printer...
If you can ping the printer, there might be a config-issue.
...there's nothing like the smell of fresh ABS in the morning...

stewart

Postby stewart » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:27 pm

can't ping. the dhcp server doesn't see a dhcp request. still can't ping even w/ static IP.

the printer was fine yesterday. sat overnight then "lost" all connectivity. no config, reboot or firmware update seems to have any effect. the ethernet link is up on the router. it also says it has a dhcp / wifi address. but still not pingable.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:24 am

Please shoot us a support ticket from our support system. http://help.raise3d.com/helpdesk

stewart

Postby stewart » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 pm

stewart

Postby stewart » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:59 pm

spoke w/ support. touch screen keeps locking up. will be replaced.

Michael.P@Raise3D

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:54 pm

Our apologies for the delay in communication, we are working on our back log coming off the vacation time. Please keep a look out in your email and tickets for our next steps.

Thank you.
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

pearson222

Postby pearson222 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:00 pm

I have been having this same issue with my 2 brand new N2 +'s and had opened a ticket and support never resolved. I had gone through replacing routers, setting static ip's, having comcast techs come out to verify there were no issues with our network or network structure and still unable to connect through ethernet or wifi. Ethernet will connect once in a while but is throttled to 10 kb/s...it takes 30 minutes for a 10MB file to be transferred. This is on a verified line speed of 50MB/s. The issue has essentially rendered these printers useless to our shop.

stewart

Postby stewart » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:35 pm

my ticket is still open with no action. clearly there is an issue with the linux drivers since it affects wifi and ethernet similarly. on good days, I'm getting 1MB/s throughput. On bad days, 3kbps.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm

The Ethernet function of the N2 was totally hosed last time I looked.
I was never able to send files reliably via wired Ethernet, or at speeds of more than 20kbps or so, while wifi has worked fine. Haven't bothered trying Ethernet recently - perhaps it's been fixed?

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 am

I have the same problem see this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=3&p=25919#p25919
Attachments
DSC04976.JPG
DSC04975.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:56 pm

EldRick wrote:The Ethernet function of the N2 was totally hosed last time I looked.
I was never able to send files reliably via wired Ethernet, or at speeds of more than 20kbps or so, while wifi has worked fine. Haven't bothered trying Ethernet recently - perhaps it's been fixed?

Have you ever tried connect the net cord directly to screen board but not the slot at back side?
Or directly connect the screen board to your computer?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:34 pm

pearson222 wrote:I have been having this same issue with my 2 brand new N2 +'s and had opened a ticket and support never resolved. I had gone through replacing routers, setting static ip's, having comcast techs come out to verify there were no issues with our network or network structure and still unable to connect through ethernet or wifi. Ethernet will connect once in a while but is throttled to 10 kb/s...it takes 30 minutes for a 10MB file to be transferred. This is on a verified line speed of 50MB/s. The issue has essentially rendered these printers useless to our shop.

stewart wrote:my ticket is still open with no action. clearly there is an issue with the linux drivers since it affects wifi and ethernet similarly. on good days, I'm getting 1MB/s throughput. On bad days, 3kbps.

Shall we start from Ethernet?
Disable the Wifi from the screen. Reboot the machine, and connect the screen board directly to your computer with a functional net cord. And ping to check out the result.
Or advise the ticket number of yours with me. Will ask the support team to double check.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Have you ever tried connect the net cord directly to screen board but not the slot at back side?

Should I take the printer apart to diagnose a known problem?

As long as wifi works, I'm OK, so I simply stopped using the Ethernet input, as it did not work worth a darn.

When I opened a thread on the topic (some months ago), Raise3D admitted it was a known problem without a fix.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 am

EldRick wrote:

Should I take the printer apart to diagnose a known problem?

As long as wifi works, I'm OK, so I simply stopped using the Ethernet input, as it did not work worth a darn.

When I opened a thread on the topic (some months ago), Raise3D admitted it was a known problem without a fix.

Would you like to share the origin link of the thread or the ticket number of your case to let me check more details about your problem?

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:57 am

Would you like to share the origin link of the thread or the ticket number of your case to let me check more details about your problem?

No thanks. I've got one method (wifi) that works, so I see no need to waste my time debugging something that doesn't.

Return to “Hardware”