N2 "Failed to join WLAN"

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
pearson222

N2 "Failed to join WLAN"

Postby pearson222 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:30 pm

I have 2 brand new N2 Dual printers that will not connect to any network through WLAN. I have tried setting up dedicated guest networks with no WEP or WPA and have reset each machine many times and no luck. Anyone know what I can do to get them to connect?

Brandon

Re: N2 "Failed to join WLAN"

Postby Brandon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:53 pm

All printers WIFI connections are tested in factory. If the touchscreen can’t connect to your WIFI, please check your router settings or try a different router. For testing purposes I've used the hot spot on my phone before. If you are still seeing issues after testing with a different router or hot spot, please open a ticket in our support system so we can work with you directly to resolve the problem.

http://help.raise3d.com/support/home

Thank you
Brandon

pearson222

Postby pearson222 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Neither of them will connect to my iPhones hotspot either.

ABH

Postby ABH » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Does the printer see the available networks and show them on the display?
If not, the try to manually key in the SSID and pass-key of your WiFi access point. I have experienced that the printer not always finds and displays the available WiFi networks, but can still connect if you tell it the SSID.
Never tried to connect to WLAN without any security. Maybe the printer doesn't like that (?).
I think the printer only supports 2.4GHz band. Could it be that your network is in 5GHz band? -but not the iPhone hotspot I guess...

pearson222

Postby pearson222 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 pm

It shows all available networks just fine. Even though my network is visible on the touchscreen I tried to manually connect using "Add Network" but still get "Failed to connect to WLAN". The networks that I am trying to connect to are all 2.4GHz networks. Same result when trying to connect to a personal hotspot.

ABH

Postby ABH » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:31 pm

You could try to change the channel that your Access Point uses then and see if it helps. Don't know if there could be strong interference from other WiFi networks in your area that disturbs the communication. There are free apps for the iPhone you can download and "analyze" the wireless environment, i.e. you can see which WLAN channels are heavy loaded by other networks.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:26 am

Actually, I think I have seen this behavior on a replacement LCD board set before and the reason was so simple- not running the latest version of the LCD update firmware. Again, the issue is, if this is not running the latest raisepack update, that is the first thing the user should check.

I made a rather lengthy post on this topic of how and where to check versions and how to update viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1652#p13896

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Cannot stress this enough. These printers are made in China and shipped by slow boat. The time between when that printer was made and when you unboxed it and powered it on- pretty much guarantees that it's out of date the minute you turn it on. The software is not going to warn you that the firmware is not the latest- you the user must go to the website and download the latest and then compare the screen version.

Return to “Hardware”