issue with one of the connectors on the back of the bed of the N2+

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Jab136

issue with one of the connectors on the back of the bed of the N2+

Postby Jab136 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 pm

so, I screwed up in properly tightening one of the nozzles on my printer after a repair that I made, and the nozzle fell into the print while still running earlier, I did not catch it but fortunately one of my associates at my office did and shut off the printer completely. I am trying to get my printer back up and running but it appears that during the incident, one of the connectors at the back of the print bed got disconnected, and I cannot get it to reconnect, there appears to be glue of some sort on it from the factory.
IMG_20170924_160649.jpg
is this connector supposed to be connected and if so does anyone have any suggestions as to how to reattach it?

Jetguy

Re: issue with one of the connectors on the back of the bed of the N2+

Postby Jetguy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Raise3D was using hot glue to ensure the connectors did not come unplugged but may have switched to a silicone based glue?
If hot glue, a couple of drops of alcohol will not directly dissolve the glue but makes it break the bond to the plastic and just pulls away. Otherwise, if it's the silicone, you may need to carefully cut it away without damaging the connector.

Sorry you are having problems but you have made some serious mistakes on assembly of that nozzle. How this cascaded to the bed just sounds like you should calm down and talk to tech support or wait before you cause more issues.

Jab136

Postby Jab136 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:47 pm

I just failed to properly tighten the set screws, and as I said, I am unclear of exactly what was going on when my co-worker cut the power, he just said that "it was making a big mess" and he is no longer in the office and I can't get hold of him to get specifics

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:46 pm

All I'm getting at is I hate you see you damage the printer and then be down for a long time because of a series of mistakes.

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:00 pm

@Jab136 if you require help with this still, please shoot us a ticket in the support system.

Here:

http://help.raise3d.com/support/tickets/new

Vice Chief

Postby Vice Chief » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Jetguy wrote:just sounds like you should calm down

I detected nothing but calm in what Jab136 wrote.

Jab136, most likely a large glob of plastic formed when the nozzle fell out, and that glob was moving around with the extruder head and pushed the connector off. On both my N2 and my N2+, the connector was held in place with hot glue. If it is hot glue (as Jetguy said), you can remove it with alcohol. I demonstrate that trick in this video:

https://youtu.be/gjcCc9BJqOw?t=337 (note the time marker, the portion of interest is at around 5:38).

I recently replaced my heated bed and I used alcohol to remove the glue and reattach the cables. You might also turn your printer around and look at the back side of the heat bed. One of the pins might have bent.

Jab136

Postby Jab136 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:49 am

the connector is getting most of the way it just won't go that final mm or so and snap in place, the pins do not seem bent, but I also am having trouble removing the back panel, as one of the screws holding it in place is stuck and the head is beginning to strip. I have opened a support ticket and was instructed to use a heat gun to soften the glue, but I don't own the printer (it is owned by the lab that I work at for my Graduate Studies) and they are worried about the warranty. does anyone know where I can find the exact terms of the manufacturer's warranty for the N2+?

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Here is a link to the warranty information:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1069/ ... 5941303169

Return to “Hardware”