Printer Filament Monitor

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 am

lrosasco wrote:Any information about the new detection system?
Where does it mount?
Does it detect a clogged nozzle like originally intended in this thread, or does it just do run out?
After it pauses on a empty spool, what are the steps? Is it simple as unload command, load a new spool, purge and continue?
I'm assuming there is going to be some software updates required as well.


It will be located near to guide tube.
It only detects filament run-out.
After it detects no filament coming, it will send a signal to motion board. Then pause the print. The same as you shooting the pause button on screen. The print head will move to front left corner and you can carry out loading and unloading.
Yes, we will release firmware later.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:38 am

3DWP wrote:I heard it has detection for dual nozzle systems, that is awesome. Can't wait to install it :-)


If you want to install it onto dual nozzle system, then you will need two sensors. One sensor is only for one nozzle.

User avatar
3DWP
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby 3DWP » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:49 am

No, I asked if this will be for dual nozzle because it has two holes. Instagram Raise3D: ''Absolutely! Sensors to monitor both strands when in use.''

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdQkAxFn4uA ... by=raise3d

Otherwise it will be a bit too expensive.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 am

firesped wrote:based on the design, it looks like this unit fits on top of the stock extruder block. you might want to note that. people with bondtech extruders will not be able to use this part.


It will be located between the entrance of the guiding tube and the filament spool. Will be affected which extruder system you are using.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 am

3DWP wrote:No, I asked if this will be for dual nozzle because it has two holes. Instagram Raise3D: ''Absolutely! Sensors to monitor both strands when in use.''

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdQkAxFn4uA ... by=raise3d

Otherwise it will be a bit too expensive.


My apologies, It's my mistake.
Yes, one filament run-out sensor includes two sensors inside. Which can support dual nozzles at the same time.

User avatar
3DWP
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby 3DWP » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:13 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:My apologies, It's my mistake.
Yes, one filament run-out sensor includes two sensors inside. Which can support dual nozzles at the same time.


Nice, thanks!

User avatar
Casale8
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: The Real Upstate New York

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Casale8 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:20 pm

This is such a great idea.

Will there be step by step instructions on how to install this? This way one does not void the MFG coverage by accidentally breaking the printer.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

lrosasco
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby lrosasco » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:46 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
lrosasco wrote:Any information about the new detection system?
Where does it mount?
Does it detect a clogged nozzle like originally intended in this thread, or does it just do run out?
After it pauses on a empty spool, what are the steps? Is it simple as unload command, load a new spool, purge and continue?
I'm assuming there is going to be some software updates required as well.


It will be located near to guide tube.
It only detects filament run-out.
After it detects no filament coming, it will send a signal to motion board. Then pause the print. The same as you shooting the pause button on screen. The print head will move to front left corner and you can carry out loading and unloading.
Yes, we will release firmware later.


Vicky, thank you for the info

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:42 am

Casale8 wrote:This is such a great idea.

Will there be step by step instructions on how to install this? This way one does not void the MFG coverage by accidentally breaking the printer.


We will prepare and release installation instructions of the both two parts later, before shipping out.

User avatar
Casale8
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: The Real Upstate New York

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Casale8 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Right on.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

User avatar
Billucas
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:42 am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Billucas » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:44 am

The part will be 3d printed as shown on the picture or injection molded parts?

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:01 am

Billucas wrote:The part will be 3d printed as shown on the picture or injection molded parts?


Not sure the final version of the cover of filament run-out sensor will be Molded or Machining. But won't be 3D printed.

User avatar
Billucas
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:42 am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Billucas » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Billucas wrote:The part will be 3d printed as shown on the picture or injection molded parts?


Not sure the final version of the cover of filament run-out sensor will be Molded or Machining. But won't be 3D printed.


Good! Thank you. I have purchase one last week. Can't wait to have it!

Luc

User avatar
Julia Truchsess
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:30 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Julia Truchsess » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:41 am

Has this thing shipped yet? I'm pretty sure I pre-ordered as soon as I got the email. If not, any new release date? Last estimate from Raise was "March", which I'm pretty sure is over.

User avatar
Billucas
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:42 am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Billucas » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 am

Julia Truchsess wrote:Has this thing shipped yet? I'm pretty sure I pre-ordered as soon as I got the email. If not, any new release date? Last estimate from Raise was "March", which I'm pretty sure is over.

I second. I order it the day 1, and I did not received it yet.
And I hope it will be an injection molded piece, not 3d printed. 89$ us.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:12 am

The Filament Run-out Sensors are currently on the way from our factory to the warehouses. Once the warehouse gets the parts and starts shipping, shipping information will be updated then.

User avatar
Julia Truchsess
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:30 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Printer Filament Monitor

Postby Julia Truchsess » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Thanks, Vicky! Looking forward to it.


Return to “Hardware”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests