Touchscreen unresponsive

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
rodriguejr

Touchscreen unresponsive

Postby rodriguejr » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:37 am

Hi all,

My name is Jorge and I am new to 3D printing. The reason I joined is that I am doing a Ducati Panigale motorcycle bike project (the real thing not a model) and I needed to design and print some of the "plastic" parts. I cannot say my first days with the printer were easy:

1- I was able to setup and start the printer, charge the battery and upgrade the firmware for the touchscreen
2- I was able to print a demo model using PLA. It came out OK for a first print.
3- There were a few issues with touchscreen locking but they seemed to be due to the battery not being fully charged

I left the printer in my office and went on vacation for a couple of weeks and upon return the touchscreen does NOT start anymore. I can see the backlight and some blue/green legs inside are always lit but there is no Raise3D logo, no boot screen, nothing (there is noise from the fans and the overall white led is on). As per recommendation on this forum I have:

a) Let the printer connected for a long time
b) Used the reset button on the back of the lcd to no avail
c) Used a wire to connect pins 1 and 6 on the serial port (same as reset I think)
d) Removed the battery wires from the board

Nothing seems to do it. No error messages, nothing but the backlight on.

HELP, my bike is getting late!

Thanks,
Jorge

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Touchscreen unresponsive

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:30 am

If both reset button and removing battery provide no help, please shoot a ticket onto our support system.
There may need some further hardware check.

rodriguejr

Postby rodriguejr » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:33 am

Hello Vicky,

Thanks. I already did that. Waiting for support to get back to me. Meanwhile would it be possible for you to post a picture for the controller board for the touchscreeb (mine is blue, not the white color I have seen on some others). I have two empty connectors on my board that I have seen others with black/red wires attached to (see picture without battery and reset wires attached).

Regards,
Jorge

IMG_0391.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:57 am

Your wirings seem correct without batter and reset button connected.
1.png

rodriguejr

Postby rodriguejr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:18 am

Hi all,

The problem has been fixed by replacing the touchscreen under warranty. Thanks Raise3D support.

Regards,
Jorge

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Thanks for your updating!

Return to “Hardware”