Need help Truing the bed N2 plus

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Collapseind

Need help Truing the bed N2 plus

Postby Collapseind » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Hello,
I got my Raise 3d N2 Plus 2 months ago and have had more failures than successful prints. I have tried multiple materials and adhesion methods. I downloaded the gauge tool folder and mounted it to find the bed was out of true on one side and front to back. Now I am 3 hrs deep in going corner to corner and cannot seem to find true. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is my first FDM but I work with multiple types of printers in my shop and this may be the most frustrating. I have tried and followed the truing guide on the website.
Thanks
Kirk

walshlg

Re: Need help Truing the bed N2 plus

Postby walshlg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:20 pm

I am sorry to say that the only way I got my bed level was to modify it to be a spring mount with thumb screws. The mods are discussed deep in the forum someplace.

Vice Chief

Postby Vice Chief » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Here are two YouTube videos on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du8OdPosrMo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-vg2UllhA

I'm working through this myself with an N2 and N2+. I've got my N2 dialed in reasonably close.

Are you performing this operation with the bed warmed up? For me, it had to be warmed up so it matched conditions during printing.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Collapseind wrote:Hello,
I got my Raise 3d N2 Plus 2 months ago and have had more failures than successful prints. I have tried multiple materials and adhesion methods. I downloaded the gauge tool folder and mounted it to find the bed was out of true on one side and front to back. Now I am 3 hrs deep in going corner to corner and cannot seem to find true. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is my first FDM but I work with multiple types of printers in my shop and this may be the most frustrating. I have tried and followed the truing guide on the website.
Thanks
Kirk

1 - Put in a support ticket
2 - call tech support
3 - follow this PDF for help - https://www.raise3d.com/pages/bed-leveling-instruction

Reasons for each
1 - it lets them know that while they do true/level the bed in the factory before shipping, there are still issues with shipping
2 - they will explain the process and walk you through most of the steps to get you going
3 - this will be a good visual representation of what needs to be done and help you when they say "ok, this will take 2-3 hours, so call us back when done so we can discuss next steps"

I did it - it works - just be patient, dont rush it. i checked every screw at least twice during the process, some more than 4 times. it takes a lot of adjusting to get all 13 in sync. But, afterwards, you just adjust the Z gap and go.

One bit of info. You'll true the bed at 80 degrees. However, if you print PLA, you need to preheat bed and check the Z gap before you print. Likewise, if you print Nylon you'll need to preheat the bed and adjust the z-gap. finally, if you print petg, preheat the bed and adjust the z-gap. I switch from TPU (62 degree bed) to PETG (82 degree bed) back to PLA (62 degree bed) sometimes all in 1 day, and i must check the Z-gap each time. 82 degrees needs to be further from the nozzle than 62 degrees. so if you Z-gap for 62, then go to print at 82, you're going to have the nozzle digging in to the glass. Likewise, if you print at 82 degrees and then switch to 62, you're going to airprint.

Vice Chief

Postby Vice Chief » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:06 pm

I made a video detailing the process of leveling my N2. It's intended as a companion to the official guide.

Wasn't going to post this one for a while, but since it might be able to help you, I went ahead and finished it.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXAk4eBr21g

Return to “Hardware”