Remote upload often extremely slow and fails...again

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Jcoco3

Remote upload often extremely slow and fails...again

Postby Jcoco3 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:12 am

I am having problems with the network connection...both LAN or WLAN with my N2. It will connect successfully to either, and Ideamaker will connect to the printer showing the printer's remote UI screen. Upon upload of the model it will crawl, and often fail to exceed 20% of even a 0.2MB file before stalling or reporting an upload error. I have been printing using the old reliable thumb-drive network, but would like to eventually evolve out of the stone age :lol: Fortunately for me my printer sits next to my desk at work, and we have a competent IT group to help, but even our best man could not figure this out. We both think there is something awry with the printer's hardware or software, but really have no evidence to prove it other than everything else works on our network. I doubt there are signifigant problems with either network as we typically toss around hundreds of gigabytes as a part of daily work on either network. I tried uploading over Ethernet from my workstation, another newer and even more powerful workstation, and over WiFi from my laptop all with the same result :cry:

I found this original thread on the old forum that Dave posted, but it did not look like it a solution was ever reached: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/community#!/?network Anyone have any updates or relevant information to contribute?

For the record:
On the latest version of firmware and Ideamaker. Cat6 network with gigabit switches, ~80 HP workstations, numerous servers both windows and Linux. Ethernet is on company's Domain, but Wifi is an isolated address pool. Attempted connection with Windows firewall enable and disabled. Rebooted both the printer and workstations multiple times. Said please, and hit up up down down left right left right B A start, but still no go. Sorry I don't have more technical information to contribute, but if there is something else that would help just let me know and I will try to obtain it.

Oh, I almost forgot to add that we tried each connection separately, and even turned off DHCP and manually keyed in an available IP and corresponding dns, etc. to no avail. On reboot of the printer from the touchscreen or from the power switch the manual settings did not stick. The entries were blank, and I could not connect from Ideamaker.

Other than this one nagging problem, I have been recklessly and happily printing like a madman since my N2 arrived!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Remote upload often extremely slow and fails...again

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 11, 2016 1:35 am

Jcoco3 wrote:I am having problems with the network connection...both LAN or WLAN with my N2. It will connect successfully to either, and Ideamaker will connect to the printer showing the printer's remote UI screen. Upon upload of the model it will crawl, and often fail to exceed 20% of even a 0.2MB file before stalling or reporting an upload error. I have been printing using the old reliable thumb-drive network, but would like to eventually evolve out of the stone age :lol: Fortunately for me my printer sits next to my desk at work, and we have a competent IT group to help, but even our best man could not figure this out. We both think there is something awry with the printer's hardware or software, but really have no evidence to prove it other than everything else works on our network. I doubt there are signifigant problems with either network as we typically toss around hundreds of gigabytes as a part of daily work on either network. I tried uploading over Ethernet from my workstation, another newer and even more powerful workstation, and over WiFi from my laptop all with the same result :cry:

I found this original thread on the old forum that Dave posted, but it did not look like it a solution was ever reached: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/community#!/?network Anyone have any updates or relevant information to contribute?

For the record:
On the latest version of firmware and Ideamaker. Cat6 network with gigabit switches, ~80 HP workstations, numerous servers both windows and Linux. Ethernet is on company's Domain, but Wifi is an isolated address pool. Attempted connection with Windows firewall enable and disabled. Rebooted both the printer and workstations multiple times. Said please, and hit up up down down left right left right B A start, but still no go. Sorry I don't have more technical information to contribute, but if there is something else that would help just let me know and I will try to obtain it.

Oh, I almost forgot to add that we tried each connection separately, and even turned off DHCP and manually keyed in an available IP and corresponding dns, etc. to no avail. On reboot of the printer from the touchscreen or from the power switch the manual settings did not stick. The entries were blank, and I could not connect from Ideamaker.

Other than this one nagging problem, I have been recklessly and happily printing like a madman since my N2 arrived!

Thanks for your feedback. We found out that the upload protocol between ideaMaker and our touch screen firmware is not good enough. We will improve it in later version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jcoco3

Postby Jcoco3 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:45 am

Cool, glad I am not crazy :D Is that protocol a firmware thing or a hard to upgrade hardware thing? Sorry for the layman's question.

Thanks for the super quick response too. You guys and gals are awesome, keep up the good work!

Edit: Nevermind, that was a stupid question and just realized its a software thing. It's been a long day and my brain is malfunctioning too.

Zettlinger

Postby Zettlinger » Wed May 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Jcoco3 I have problems staying connected with ideamaker too.
My uploads work fine though never had one fail yet although the speed is bad (it is being throttled by the software to not overload the printers processor)

Fixed IP same switch even tried one router with just the pc and the printer.

Glad to hear Raise3D found some issues :) when found they can be fixed :))

One thing (prob stupid remark but still) do not use the WIFI and LAN at the same time, i have seen rare incidences with PCs that get stuck and the whole networkinterface of the machine fails when both are active. turn on wifi if you are not on a lan cable and do not plug in a cable when connected by wifi. Cabled is always preferred for machines that do not move from their location (often)

Redron357

Postby Redron357 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:09 am

Has this problem been Fixed, I just purchased a N2 1 week ago and I have the problem uploading is Slowwwww. has failed sometimes as well but is slow.

Jcoco3

Postby Jcoco3 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:58 am

My Slowwwwww problem was resolved with the firmware update and only using wifi. I have disconnected the lan cable alltogether and never looked back. My N2 had been working flawlessly(and quickly) like that for many months.

Maybe try a firmware and software update.

Redron357

Postby Redron357 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:27 pm

May I ask a question 1. where did you look to see the Firmware Version, and 2. what version are you running

Jcoco3

Postby Jcoco3 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:33 pm

Hit the gear icon on the front panel.

Firmware ver. 1.1.1
Idea maker 2.4.0.585

Redron357

Postby Redron357 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:39 am

Thanks

Benhur91

Postby Benhur91 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:11 am

Hi,
I'm still having this issue. My Raise3D N2+ printer is up to date with the last firmware on Raise3D website and I installed the latest version of IdeaMaker software so everything is up to date... Though, I'm still having WiFi disconnections while uploading files onto the printer.
I made several tests and still have these disconnections.
First of all, the printer connects well to WiFi and I may send ping tests. That works fine.
When connecting to the printer in IdeaMaker, it works fine as well, my printer is seen and I may establish a distant connection to it.
Though, problem occurs while sending files to it. Upload stops at 5% and then I get a red progress bar meaning an error occured during upload. When I look at my printer, WiFi connection icon disappears and connection to my WiFi is really lost. I have to go back to the WiFi menu and select my SSID again.
I also tried a SCP connection and I encountered the same problem. As soon as I send data, WiFi gets disconnected.

Could anyone help me please ? Thanks.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Benhur91 wrote:Hi,
I'm still having this issue. My Raise3D N2+ printer is up to date with the last firmware on Raise3D website and I installed the latest version of IdeaMaker software so everything is up to date... Though, I'm still having WiFi disconnections while uploading files onto the printer.
I made several tests and still have these disconnections.
First of all, the printer connects well to WiFi and I may send ping tests. That works fine.
When connecting to the printer in IdeaMaker, it works fine as well, my printer is seen and I may establish a distant connection to it.
Though, problem occurs while sending files to it. Upload stops at 5% and then I get a red progress bar meaning an error occured during upload. When I look at my printer, WiFi connection icon disappears and connection to my WiFi is really lost. I have to go back to the WiFi menu and select my SSID again.
I also tried a SCP connection and I encountered the same problem. As soon as I send data, WiFi gets disconnected.

Could anyone help me please ? Thanks.

Do you have similar network issue with the other devices connected to the same network?
Any chance you can do a network speed test for this network?

Return to “Hardware”