what happened to the the Official Raise3d Camera?

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Zkronk

Re: what happened to the the Official Raise3d Camera?

Postby Zkronk » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:18 pm

michaelhauser wrote:I got a wide angle lens for my Mobius Actioncam and I'm playing with that. It's very small and easily fits inside the printer. However, the instructions recommend keeping temperatures to 47ºC or below, so it's probably not a good choice for printing high-temp materials with the printer fully closed. Also, it requires a USB connection to stream to the computer.

Yeah, the Mobius camera contains a LiPo-battery. Those are very sensitive to heat, and should not be exposed to more than 50°C.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:18 am

NewbPilot wrote:Did anything ever happen with the Camera? the Touch screen has an option for "camera" when I play with my N1, but plugging in a USB camera didnt actually do anything.

The camera integral function is still under development. Will release it soon.

Daws

Postby Daws » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:08 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
NewbPilot wrote:Did anything ever happen with the Camera? the Touch screen has an option for "camera" when I play with my N1, but plugging in a USB camera didnt actually do anything.

The camera integral function is still under development. Will release it soon.

Now that the Pro2 Series printers have been announced with a camera, will this hardware and functionality be available on the older models like the N2?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:02 am

We are still analysis the feasibility and cost of using some components of Pro2 in N series and, if we are successful, propose an upgrade package.

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:50 pm

So evidently there was never any development time spent on a camera for the N2, and we have been lied to for more than a year.
Annoying.

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We are still analysis the feasibility and cost of using some components of Pro2 in N series and, if we are successful, propose an upgrade package.

It would be great!

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:33 pm

EldRick wrote:So evidently there was never any development time spent on a camera for the N2, and we have been lied to for more than a year.
Annoying.

That's not true, I said I was a beta tester and that was on the current non-pro series AKA literally had it loaded on my N2 Plus, N2, and N1.
But.....
I also said that due to limitations, I felt and gave feedback that more work and features would likely be requested by fellow users.
And... now that the detailed questions about the pro series got answered, it appears what I beta tested is not that far off.

So, raise could absolutely release a camera, give out a new Raisetouch LCD update, matching camera enabled ideamaker (which will happen anyway) and you have a camera.

Again, I used it, but later firmware updates came along with features I wanted (example now able to tune steps per mm and acceleration and jerk values in the latest Raisetouch) and since only that older beta had the camera enabled, I lost functionality and Raise never gave me another newer beta raisetouch that had both camera and the new features together in one update. Being honest, I didn't care, the new features outweighed my desire for the camera as it's features were just not that compelling to me.

My honest advice is- get a good network enabled camera with it's own much better features.

poldim

Postby poldim » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:52 pm

So where is this camera circa 2016?

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Am I wrong for noticing this, or am I right, or am I dreaming...
the N series now has a camera
https://www.raise3d.com/collections/3d-printer-spare-parts/products/webcam-n-series
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:27 pm

Casale8 wrote:Am I wrong for noticing this, or am I right, or am I dreaming...
https://www.raise3d.com/collections/3d-printer-spare-parts/products/webcam-n-series

Not quite yet..... "Pre-Order Shipping in late Aug. 2018"

Also the instructions state: "Update the RaiseTouch to the latest version from the download center on the website" but the link just goes to the download section and none of the downloads there have the camera enabled. With the history of the camera (and run out sensor), I'll wait to see before I get excited.

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Alex M. wrote:
Casale8 wrote:Am I wrong for noticing this, or am I right, or am I dreaming...

Not quite yet..... "Pre-Order Shipping in late Aug. 2018"

Also the instructions state: "Update the RaiseTouch to the latest version from the download center on the website" but the link just goes to the download section and none of the downloads there have the camera enabled. With the history of the camera (and run out sensor), I'll wait to see before I get excited.

I'm not betting but gathering that there will be an update available just prior to shipping............ :arrow:
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Return to “Hardware”